Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

783 delta wing setup question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 04:52 PM
coloradoz
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 783 delta wing setup question

HEllo Danny, I'm setting up a delta wing on my 783, and it appears that when I set this up from scratch the right servo (aileron) has greater servo travel than the left (rudder). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
..AJ
Old 04-20-2004, 09:23 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 783 delta wing setup question

Check to be sure the distance out on the arm is the same on both, and that the distance from the hinge line to the attachment point on the control horn are equal. Also be sure that the travel adjustment values are close to each other. If they remain different, it may be a difference in the servos. You should be able to adjust it out through travel adjustment and dual rate adjustments to get the throw desired. (Use travel adjust to get the throws equal, then use the dual rate function to increase or decrease the total travel of both.)
Old 04-20-2004, 01:50 PM
coloradoz
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Danny - my responses below...

Check to be sure the distance out on the arm is the same on both, and that the distance from the hinge line to the attachment point on the control horn are equal.
<<Did that - they are absolutely identical>>

Also be sure that the travel adjustment values are close to each other.
<<Brand new setup - they are also identical, DR's are set identically, etc>>

If they remain different, it may be a difference in the servos.
<<I'm using identical servos, but I also swapped servos and there is still a rather large difference>>

You should be able to adjust it out through travel adjustment and dual rate adjustments to get the throw desired. (Use travel adjust to get the throws equal, then use the dual rate function to increase or decrease the total travel of both.)
<<I can 'make' them kind of ok, but my question had to do with why this magnitude of difference exists in the first place. I'm trying to say that the fact that delta wing was selected, it is looking like there is large bias in the mixing that should not be there. Can you confirm?>>

Thanks Danny!
..AJ
Old 04-21-2004, 08:58 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I can't confirm that, I'm not seeing anything like that here with a 783. No 2 servos will be the EXACT same, so it can cause differences in travel, and also if seros do not center the same, it can cause mechanical differential in throws. Also be sure your sub trims are close to zero and that your travel adjust values are not too high, as you may just be running out of servo travel.