Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Balancing flaps on 8103

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancing flaps on 8103

Danny,

First, maybe I should tell you about my current setup. I'm using the 4 basic channels plus flaps and landing gear. The regular AILE and FLAP channels control the left aileron and left flap. AUX2 controls the right flap. AUX3 controls the right aileron. All eight channels are being used. I have Mix 3 set to AILE->AUX3 and I have that already set up properly. Now I have to set up the flaps...

I've read your "canned" answers regarding flaps and the 3-position Flap Mix Switch. In it you describe how to program the 8103 so that the flaps are up in the switch is in the up position, the flaps are partially down when in the switch is in the middle position, and the flaps are full deployed when in the switch is in the down position. This is great and I will use it to start what I am about to try.

What I also want to do is to use one of the spare knobs to control how much one flap moves relative to the other. I want to be able to correct any rolling tendencies caused by uneven flap deployment without using the ailerons, in flight.

Is this possible? Can you tell me how to do this, or at least steer me in the right direction, before I try this tonight?

Thanks,
Juice
Old 04-22-2004, 09:35 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Balancing flaps on 8103

One way that seems to work 'ok' (I'm not able to get exactly even amount of travel on each channel, but if you are only using small amounts to adjust it may work ok) is to set up a mix, where you mix aux 2 (spoi) to aux 1 (flap) and set the rates at a negative percentage. (I used -50% and it seems to be fairly close in travel on each channel but is still not equal, so it may take some adjusting.) Using this, make sure you do not use another mix to deactivate the aux 2 pot, or use travel adjust to deactivate it. Also do not use -100% in the aux 2 to flap mix, as it will cancel the effect of the mix on aux 2.