JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 8103 programming help needed.

Old 04-30-2004, 05:44 AM
Gryphon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR 8103 programming help needed.

Hi Danny,
I need help to program my JR 8103 Transmitter.
A friend of mine in Washington State said to give you a try here.
I have a Hangar9 Ultra stick lite and it has quad flaps, 7 Ch. usage.
So I figured that I would have the extra Channel's pot to use for my accessory.
I started to follow the step-by-step directions of the Plane's manual.
It said for convenience to use the Glider mode, it also had me turn off all 3 pots.

But I need one of those pots.

Is there another way of programming the 8103, so I can keep all the features of the plane, and have an extra channel with a pot left over for my use?

Now I know the instructions were trying to make it easier, I don't mind doing it the harder/longer way as long as I get the same results. Airplane or Glider, I don't care; whatever is best.

Do you know how? Can you help me?

Thank you Danny.

Gryphon
Old 05-03-2004, 01:37 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR 8103 programming help needed.

In aircraft mode you could have the aux 3 pot available, but programming all of the functions of the ultra stick in aircraft mode is complex. Also, it is not possible to have ALL of the functions available because you will run out of mixes. You could have all of the functions except to have the flaps work as ailerons and the elevator to flap mixing for tight loops etc. It takes all 6 mixes to program crow and take off flaps. So if you want all of the functions of the ultra stick, you must set it up in glider mode. Just as a run through of what would need to be done, here is the set up that could be possible in aircraft mode:

Turn on flaperon in the wing type of the system mode. Then enter in values into the LANDING option in the function mode for the elevator and flap (in this case ailerons) settings for the LAND switch position. This will give you the 'UP' ailerons for crow. Also go to the flap pot function and press clear to inhibit it. Then set up mix 5 and 6 below, then the rest of the 4 mixes. Center your flap servos with the elevator flap switch in the full up switch position after all mixes are complete.

Program mix 1: SPOI->SPOI, assign to the ELE>F switch selection, and set the points of the mix all to -100% so the graph is a flat line on the bottom of the screen

Program mix 2: GEAR->GEAR, assign to the ELE>F switch selection, and set the points of the mix all to +100% so the graphi is a flat line on the top of the screen

Program mix 3: SPOI->SPOI, switch assignment left ON, set the rates at -100% in both the lower and upper values (rotate the aux 2 pot to switch between them.)

Program mix 4: GEAR->GEAR, switch assignment left ON, set the rates at -100% in both the lower and upper values (flip the gear switch to switch between them.)

Program mix 5: SPOI->SPOI, assign to the LAND switch selection, rotate the aux 2 pot to the negative mark and move the arrow to the OFFSET on the screen using the select switch and press clear and it should say -171 or similar next to offset, set the rate at +100% with the switch in the LAND position.

Program mix 6: GEAR->GEAR, assign to the LAND switch selection, flip the gear switch towards you and move mark move the arrow to the OFFSET on the screen using the select switch and press clear and it should say -171 or similar next to offset, set the rate at -100% with the switch in the LAND position.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Gryphon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for your help and quick reply Danny,

I read your reply, and I know I don't want to give up those options so I guess the airplane setup options is out of the question.

I am wondering if there is another way of programming the glider mode. The harder way of course.

So is there a special programming brew in Glider mode that I get to keep all of the options and have a free channel with a pot left over for my accessory?
If not then what is the closest option or two that you can think of.

Thanks Danny.

Gryphon
P.s. After my 36" & 24" JR HD servo extensions and DU-Bro gas tank get here, I'll be ready to rock.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:26 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In glider mode there isn't anyway to have a pot available for any functions. In glider mode, the aux 3 switch is open though (labeled gear switch generally) and could be used for other functions.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Gryphon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I guess it'll have to do for my FMA Co-Pilot.
The sensitivity could be adjusted on the ground instead of during flight.
But I could still turn it on and off in flight.

Will the future JR 9Ch due in the summer be able to help me have a pot free?
I hope you don't think that I'm prying into sensitive info, but at least I'll know if I have to start saving for it or not.

Thanks a million Danny.

Gryphon
Old 05-03-2004, 02:59 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not sure, I would have to have one here to check into that and I don't have one available. My guess is that it should have, but I'm not 100% at this time.