JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 landing switch

Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 PM
PatrickM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 8103 landing switch

Danny,
I have an 8103 and would like to set-up the landing switch for use on a P47 as follows:

Position 1: Flaps up and gear up
Position 2: Flaps partially down, gear down
Position 3: Flaps full down, gear down

This is probably an easy mix, but I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 05-03-2004, 02:04 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 8103 landing switch

This may need to be modified depending on your gear set up, depending on what throws are required to get your gear to move up or down. Here is the set up that should work out for you I believe:

The program mix used is not critical in this application but shown for reference, but this of course depends on any other functions that you are needing to set up. Begin by going to the LANDING function, and set the flap setting in the LAND switch position.

Program mix 4: GEAR->GEAR, set the rates at -100% in both gear switch positions. Set this mix up after the following 2 mixes.

Program mix 5: GEAR->GEAR, press select until the arrow points at offset, flip the gear switch towards you and press clear, this should enter a value such as -171 next to offset though the value is not critical, then press select until the arrow points at SW: and press + until it says ELE>F, flip the elevator land switch all the way up, then press select until the arrow points at Rate: and set the percentage as needed, I put in +125% here.

Program mix 6: FLAP->FLAP, press select until the arrow points at offset, flip the elevator land switch down, rotate the flap pot to the negative mark, and press clear, this should enter a value such as -171 next to offset though the value is not critical, then press select until the arrow points at SW: and press + until it says ELE>F, flip the elevator land switch all the way up, then press select until the arrow points at Rate: and set the percentage as needed, I put in +125% here.

Now go to the sub trim function, and adjust the sub trim of the gear channel, this will provide the gear servo position for the middle and down switch positions, I used -250 here, but this is maxed out. Adjust the values of the sub trim, landing, and mixes 5 and 6 to get the throws required.