Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flaperon Programming - JR 8103

Old 05-04-2004, 08:19 PM
ChopperDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaperon Programming - JR 8103

Hello, I am trying to slow down my Hanger 9 AT-6 Texan better for landing and am thinking about setting up flaperons. Could you please walk me thru the process. I already have the servos on the separate channels and have selected Flaperons in the wing type...I have the helo version of the 8103 if that matters any...also, what mixes would you recommend to use with this plane? thanks, Bill
Old 05-05-2004, 10:33 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flaperon Programming - JR 8103

How this is set up depends on how you would like to have it activated. One way would be to use the flap pot to adjust the ailerons position as either spoilers or flaps to slow the model down, or to put it on a switch. If you would like this on the flap pot, either leave the flap pot active in the flap pot function in the 8103's programming and adjust the percentage in the flap pot function to adjust the travel of the flaps via the flap pot. If you would prefer to use a switch, go to the flap pot function and inhibit it by pressing clear until it says inh, then if you would like it on the elevator land switch (which on the heli version is the flight mode switch), go to the landing function in the system and enter in the amount of flap movement that you would like. If you would like it on another switch you will need to set up a flap to flap mix on the switch of your choice.

I would try to use the ailerons as spoilers first if you want to slow the model down. If you use the aileorns as flaps it could cause washin which could lead to tip stalls. Spoilers would create washout reducing the risk of a tip stall. This also at the same time will reduce lift slightly, so it will take the right combination of spoiler to slow the model sufficiently but not too much to cause an early stall. Start with small movements and increase slowly to get the flight qualities you are looking for.

I don't have any other hints in particular on any mixing for that plane.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:56 AM
ChopperDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flaperon Programming - JR 8103

Thanks for the quick reply...I'll try it out....Bill