Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 malfunction? Fail Safe lockout?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:20 AM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 malfunction? Fail Safe lockout?

Danny,

I have a new 8103 (bought from Chief Aircraft 2 weeks ago). It's PPM channel 45. Yesterday, It went nuts.... (Fail Safe Lockout, I think)... I'm using Hitec servos, and a R700 rx (that came with the TX)... I powered up the 8103, with the antenna down, I leaned forward and turned my RX battery on...... I saw the servos 'chatter', and then my rudder trim went full left, my aileron trim went full left, my elevator trim went full up (deflecting the the elevator down).... the trims were locked, and would not responed.... I'm not sure of the position of the throttle trim... I think it cut the throttle... Any Ideas? Should I send it to Horizon? I'm a little ticked, because now I have to re-program my old 652, and flip a couple elevator servos!

thanks in advance.
Dennis
Old 05-10-2004, 08:59 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 malfunction? Fail Safe lockout?

With PPM you don't have a fail safe or lockout. Have you checked the modulation selection in the 8103? If you are using a PPM receiver you need to set the 8103 to PPM modulation.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:19 AM
frieshoo

The TX is definitly set to PPM.... so it's not failsafe.... just now, when I powered the TX up... all three digital trims... slowly moved (Rudder/Aileron to the Left) (Elevator up) without me touching the trim tabs.... they seemed locked... pressing the trim tabs (right/left or up/down)has zero effect... I only have 2 models on this TX... when I go into model select and select another model...say model 3... the trims will slowly move as I described above.... any thoughts?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:39 AM
frieshoo

Basically, the trims are not working...

ahhhh..... I just noticed the module on the back of the transmitter is labeled "PCM" Pulse Code Modulation FM transmitter module.... I ordered a PPM system (I don't have PCM RX's)...... Do I have the wrong module?
Old 05-10-2004, 10:24 AM
frieshoo

Some more information...

I can go into the "Monitor" menu option.... I can press select and bring up the Monitor Trim screen. Here is what it looks like:

[MONIT]
TRIM

AILE ELEV RUDD
L100 D100 L100

The trim tabs still do not respond when pressed.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:35 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does sound like the system needs to come in for a check up. I'm not sure what may be wrong with it without seeing it here.

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/support/