Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 Flaps & Elevator

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 09:46 AM
SuperCub Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 Flaps & Elevator

Hi Danny - Well here we go again! I got this info from you or someone a year or so ago but now I can't get it to work. What I am trying to do is program a simple flaps type aircraft that has a single flaps servo. Using the Elev/Flap mix I want to move the switch to the middle position and have the flaps down about 10% or so. When the switch is in the Landing position I want the flaps to be fully deployed and have a little up elevator mixed in. Appreciate any help Danny and this time I'll copy it into a file! - Thanks
Old 05-24-2004, 10:14 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 Flaps & Elevator

Start by going to the flap pot function, and setting it to 100% flap pot full. Then set up a flap to flap mix in program mix 3 or 4, press select until the arrow points at Offset. Rotate the flap pot to the full negative mark. Then press clear to store an offset. Then if you want to inhibit the pot, return to the flap pot function and press clear until you have inhibited it. Then go back to the mix, press select until the arrow points at SW. Press the + key until it says ELE>F. Then press select until the arrow points at the rate adjustments. Move the flap switch to the up position and enter in a percentage. Then recenter your servos with the flap switch in the up position. Adjust the percentage in the mix such that you get the amount of flaps you want moving from the up position to the center position. To set up the land position, use the Landing menu option.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:01 PM
SuperCub Man

Thanks Danny. Real simple when you know how!! Works like I want. Presume it is safe to fly the plane with the Xmttr. in the "Landing Menu" while I add or subtract elevator to trim the plane for level flight with full flaps?
Old 05-25-2004, 09:53 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could work, but it may be safer to adjust the value on the ground than in the air, and retry until the elevator compensation is correct.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM
SuperCub Man

Thanks Danny. I was concerned that I might loose signal or control if the Xmttr was left in Landing Menu when flying. As far as adjusting "on the wing" - no problem. Done it many times - just keep two mistake high and easy on the throttle. Thanks for your help!