JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Ailerons & flaps

Old 05-25-2004, 02:16 PM
sonny89108
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Ailerons & flaps

Hi Danny,

I'm currently setting up my H9 Cessna 182. I'm using a R770 PCM receiver and a 8103 radio. While going through the manual for the radio, I found that if I wanted dual channels for the ailerons and have a separate channel for the flaps, I have to use the "Glider" type AC. In airplane mode I did try doing some mixing to get another aileron channel but the trim adjustment didn't move both. I guess my questions are:

1) Is Glider mode the only way to get separate dual channels for Ailerons and a channel for flaps? If No, how do I setup the radio?
2) If I do have to stay in the configuration, is there any problems or loss of features running a Gas plane under Glider mode?

Thank You,
Sonny
Old 05-25-2004, 02:44 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Ailerons & flaps

1. No, you can do this in aircraft mode as well, just use mixes 5 and 6 for the mixes required. Dual ailerons are activated in flaperon, so it would only take one mix, flap to an aux channel for the second flap. Then perhaps another mix where you mix the aux channel to itself and set the rates at -100% to eliminate the switch controlling the aux channel. Glider mode may be more simple since it is a simple activation rather than setting up a mix.

2. No, there aren't any problems using the glider mode for a gas plane. Actually you'll have a little more freedom in glider mode as more mixes will be available (no mixes used for the dual channel set ups) and more pre-programmed mixes for various functions.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:33 PM
sonny89108
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Ailerons & flaps

Thanks for your help!
Sonny