Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

exchange Crystal in 10x

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 10:45 AM
HardDeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exchange Crystal in 10x

Hello Danny
I am wondering if can safely change crystal in the transmitter module of 10x. Is there factory tuning for the crystal that comes with the transmitter? Another question - I notice that the crystal for the both the transmitter and receivers have three small dots on them - one of which is darkened in (other two open). What is the significance of these symbols?
Thanks
RJM
Old 05-30-2004, 11:18 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: exchange Crystal in 10x

Sure you can easily change the crystal, but I think fcc says your not supposed to or something... The dots, you want to put a pair together with the dots on the same spots, or close to it.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:13 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: exchange Crystal in 10x

Changing the crystal in the TX is against FCC regulations except when performed by an authorized service center.

The dot indicates the cut of the crystal. It is advised for top performance to avoid using opposite dots, i.e. a left in the TX and a right in the RX or vice versa, but overall with todays level of tuning it makes very little difference.