JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 nightmere

Old 05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
ericeffs
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 8103 nightmere

I was flying my Decathalon gas airplane when I lost elevater and aleron. Total lose. Could not figure out why. Next week lost my 120 Ulrta stik same thing. Same problem. On sunday I lost my sig rascal, same problem. No elavater or aleron. THe throttle and rutter work. I would fly other planes in between my crashes, no problem. I thought mayby something was interfering with my radio. On monday I went to a different flying club. I lost my sig Mayhem. Same problem. These are 4 different airplanes with 4 different receavers batterys etc. Only the right stick stops working at whatever time it wants. The radio is under 2 years old. MYself and our club members beleave with out a dought the transmitter is defective. I will be sending the transmitter in tuesday morning. I have lost 7000. worth of planes and equip. in 1 1/2 weeks.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:54 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 8103 nightmere

I would have stopped after the second one and tried to figure it out personally. Send it back if you think its the radio.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:51 AM
ericeffs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ITS EASY FOR YOU TO SAY THAT. AFTER CHECKING EVERYTHING IT CHECKED OUT FINE. THIS PROBLEM WOULD ONLY HAPPEN INTERMITENTLY. YOU COULD NOT CREATE THE PROBLEM ON YOUR OWN. WE BOUGHT A FREQUINCY SCANNER THINKING I HAD BEEN HIT. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS TYPE PROBLEM BEFORE? P/S IT HAS TO BE THE RADIO.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:44 AM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It sounds like it could be something with the TX, or it could be something else. Unfortunetely the number of possibilities for interference problems are numerous. It sounds like you should have the system checked out, as well as the receivers, servos, etc. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have had.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:43 AM
Spiker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This sounds very similar to a problem that I encountered two years ago with my 8103. I was flying my profile Hots
when I lost all control, after crash everything checked out. Few months later lost control except throttle on my Cougar, after crash everything checked out fine. Finally one day I was towing a glider with my Kadet Senior when just after release I lost all control after a few seconds about 5-10 I regained the control and landed safely. Once again everything checked out ok.
We also brought out a freq scanner thinking I had been hit. These were three different airplanes with three different receivers and one common radio. After all that I sent the radio in to be checked explaining all the problems that happened. The radio was returned with a clean bill of health? I have not used the radio much since then but have not experienced any problems when I have been out.
I hope you solve your problem. Spiker
Old 06-03-2004, 12:55 PM
ml3456

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had the same problem with a old 8103 with mechanical trims. Lost 2 planes. Sent it in, Horizon couldn't find anything but replaced the transmitter after a little discusison with them. Still fly JR today, great service.

Mark
Old 06-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is nothing worse than a possible intermittant problem. You can have the kit on the bench and it tests out perfectly each and every time. Send it back to the customer and a few weeks later he is back on the phone chewing your ear out because its done exactly the same thing.

I sent out a repaired 642 2 weeks ago, the owner then went to use it, and the thing refused to work, Got it back the other day and the RF power transistor had blown. What can I do ? I had tested the RF output minutes before I had packed it up and signed off the inspection report !!

Murphy strikes again !!!

[8D]
Old 06-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Tired Old Man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just for the heck of it, look into replacing the Tx crystal with the same frequency crystal. I had something happing like you problem a long time ago. Replacing the crystal solved the problem. You may have to have a radio tech do this for you, though. It seems that U.S. laws have changed involving some simple repairs.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Pile-O-Wood

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

One other thing to check: Pull the RF module, look into radio and check to see if the fuse is loose in the holder, this can cause a pesky problem. If it is loose, remove fuse and very gently bend fuse holder ears to make a more secure clamp on the fuse.