Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

rudder speedbrake w/10X

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 07:56 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rudder speedbrake w/10X

Hi
I am trying to program a Bruce Tharpe Vortex delta, with dual rudders, the rudders are on in differnt channels, how do I program the rudders to both come in for speedbrakes for landing.

Thanks

Bill
Old 06-02-2004, 09:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rudder speedbrake w/10X

In your rudder to aux channel mix to set up the dual ailerons, make sure your percentages are 100%, press page twice and press SEL under TRIM to turn this ON, and leave the MASTER type as NORM.

Then you will use 2 mixes to set up the brakes. First set up a rudder to rudder mix, press page, assign it to the switch of your choice, then press page twice back to the main mix screen. Hold full right rudder and press STORE under OFFSET. It should now have a value under offset, on this TX it says -88, but this value may vary slightly. When you now move the rudder stick throughout its range, the shaded box on the right should not move. If it does, reset the offset again being sure that you have the stick all the way over. Now flip the switch you chose to the position that you want the mix on, and enter in a percentage of the mix, if it moves the wrong direction press turn to change from a + to a - value.

For the second mix, begin by going to code 17 and make activate the channel you are using for the second rudder servo. Then set up another mix, that second channel to itself, and press page and select the switch of your choice, then press page twice back to the main mix screen. Flip the switch, rotate the knob, move the slider etc that controls the second rudder channel (aux 2 switch, aux 3 slider, etc) all the way one direction, then press STORE under OFFSET. It should now have a value under offset, this TX says -85, but the value may vary. Be sure that in all positions of the swtich, knob, etc, that the shaded box does not move. Now go to code 17 and inhibit the channel that you are using for the second rudder servo. Now return to the mix, and enter in the percentage necessary to get the movement of the channel desired.