Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

HELP!!! JR radio glitches

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 02:54 AM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! JR radio glitches

I just bought my first Gas airplane and I am having problems. I bought a Dave Patrick Extra330 w/Brison 3.2 and Hitec 5645 digital servos. The fellow I bought it from flew it with a Futaba 10x radio system. I installed my trusty old JR 642. Went to range check it with the radio on and it had some pretty major glitches at random times and from random distances. I am not sure of the reciever model but I think it is what came with the 642 when it was new. So, I took out the 642 (ch.42) and put in my 622 system (ch31). Went out to fly and it checked out great. Flew it once and everything was fine. Then I go back tonight and it is glitching just like the first night. I don't know what to do. Some of the guys tell me I should get a PCM reciever for my 642 and some say I should not have to do that. I really don't know what to try next. The antenna comes out the side of the fuse and is banded to a T pin in the verticle fin. I am running a 6v 2100 mAh battery. The engine has a restricted spark plug in it. I am new to gas and new to digital servos and I am lost. Any advise you could give would be great because I spent big $$ on this plane and I don't want to lose it from radio trouble. Thanks a lot!!!
Old 07-12-2002, 05:09 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this with the engine running or not? We usually recommend PCM only for gas engines as it is better at rejection of interfearance and is also safer since you have fail safe or hold. It sounds like if you have tried a couple of frequencies that it probably isn't just an RF problem in your area. My first recommendation would be to install a PCM receiver and see if that takes care of it. From there, there are any number of possiblities. It could be a bad bearing in the engine, bad ignition, bad servo or any number of other things. Try unplugging all the servos, and plug one in at a time starting with the throttle and see if you can isolate it to one servo or channel. This should narrow it down. At this point, it is really difficult to say what the culprit is in your situation. How much difference in range do you get with engine off vs. on? I hope this helps!
Old 07-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for replying...

I need to check it with the engine off. I have only checked it with it on...

Will my 642 work with a pcm reciever? If so, which one???

A problem with the engine or servos don't really sound like the problem.. I saw this plane fly less than a week ago (before I bought it) and it was fine. But... he had a pcm reciever in it with a Futaba 10x. All of this stuff was new in April of this year also.

Thanks for your help.... I will keep you updated
Old 07-16-2002, 12:13 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can run any JR receiver. I would recommend the 649.