Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Servo stress

Old 06-25-2004, 09:36 AM
AcroJo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo stress

Hello, having just completed a rebuild of the gear train assembly of my DS811s, I would like to know if there is an optimum linkage setup, which will reduce stress on the servos, reducing wear and the resulting end play. Right now they are connected with the linkage at the outer most hole on the servo arm with an equal distance on the control horn, with the radio dialed down for proper throws. Would moving the connection in, one or two holes on the servo arm help as long as it still produces the required throws? Thanks in advance, Joe
Old 06-25-2004, 11:07 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo stress

Moving the connection point in on the servo will increase your mechanical advantage to the surface reducing the load on the servo, as well as increase your potential resolution as you will use more of the servos movement for equal throws. It is best to set the travel adjust as high as possible, and mechanically set the throw as desired for best results.