Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

1 year later and still no 9X in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 year later and still no 9X in the US?

Apologies to bring it all up again, but wow, what a wait

Maybe I should try and get folks to buy up all the 8103's to make room for the 9X?

But seriously, if nothing is on the Horizon soon (okay, bad joke), next radio for me is a EVO12 ...
Old 06-30-2004, 08:35 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1 year later and still no 9X in the US?

As I've said before, it has absolutely nothing to do with the 8103. The 8103 is not being sold out or discontinued! Development of the system has taken some time, but this was to be expected. The overseas system was incomplete and did not have all the features we felt a system of this caliber should have. The new 9 channel system will be worth the wait.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:21 PM
SGibson
My Feedback: (2)

First comment I heard was late spring or early summer for the JR 9X.
Spring has come and gone. Early summer is here !

If the 8103 is NOT going to be discontinued, what is the problem in announcing an accurate arrival date for the 9X here in the USA?
Thanks !!!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:39 PM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

lol..buy a Multiplex Royal Evo 9, and forget the JR junk...lol...
Old 07-01-2004, 09:09 AM
dsnyder

The release will be announced when all the details are worked out. Those were estimated time frames, nothing concrete.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:11 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Take the time to get it right, Danny. Your ex-Futaba customers will thank you!
Old 07-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Peter Khor

Thanks Danny ... I'm not trying to throw a grenade and run I'm sure you realize the agony of waiting, especially when the 9X has been out in the rest of the world for over a year already.

Here's hoping to see the 9103 anytime now!
Old 07-03-2004, 08:47 PM
SGibson
My Feedback: (2)

I hope the USA version of the 9X has a BUNCH of features that are not on the other countries releases of the 9x or JR will have a boatload of mad USA fliers.

Two or three extra mixes won't cut it.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:53 PM
dsnyder

The new 9 channel system will be worth the wait.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:34 PM
mlancast

Horizon Hobby and their excuses for not having the 9x. ïƒ*Pathetic Look at what Futaba just released. (not that I would buy one) Another new radio. What is Horizon doing? Telling the JR people to redesign the 9x just for the US market? I think not!

Here is JR's number in Japan.

81 06 7320200 voice and 81 06 7240515 fax.

How about a petition drive sent to JR directly to get HH moving in the right direction.

Maybe someone should call them and ask the people who make them what the hell is up?

My guess has to do with marketing agreements or MONEY!

Sure wish HH would sell the line to someone else.

I would never buy any other brand of radio. Just get tired of the same old song and dance.

Coming soon, almost here, more details to come, later this year, working out a few bugs, etc…….. Come clean, have your CEO post the next excuse!

You can buy them overseas, but have to hear threats from HH about no warranty, etc. I figure since the unit has the ability to be flash programmed, that you will be able to flash it with whatever country version you want. Including the US version if you can get your hands on it.

Any comments…..Horizon?
[sm=punching.gif]
Old 07-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Peter Khor

I'd jump in as say the 6102 from JR was a nice surprise (I replaced my 652 with the 6102 when it came out); it's nice that end users were listened to wrt to a micro system being available with the 6102. Still, it lacks a timer/stopwatch that can be activated by the throttle stick or any other switch as with Futaba's 7C (I use timers/sw alot).

We've had conflicting reports as to why the 9X has been delayed into the US market; first is was said that Sailplane programming needed updating and Acro was fine. Then a couple months later it was reversed (Sailplane fine, Acro needs work). fwiw ...

Early Oct 2002 the was discussion and pictures of the 9X on RCU and other boards.

Feb 2003 There's more info with Graupner's MX-22, and iirc the 9X was starting to ship in the Far East.

In the meantime let me share some of the unsubstantiated rumors I've heard in 2004:

* Fear that 9X would plumet 8103 sales
* US marketing mentality of "let's squeze the last drop" from current item before moving on to the next Big Thing.
* Futaba is about to release a full 12 channel system
* JR (or HZ) is scrambling to fix up a similar system
* The surprise is that some styling/firmware cues will be taken from the MC line of radios, mixed in with 10x!
* The 8103 will go thru a redesign instead of bringing in the 9X

imo this is what would be worth the wait ... JR/Horizon introducing radios that radically different from the current crop of JR/FUT/HRC radios, esp in terms in programming. In simpler terms, bring in the Multiplex revolutions! (fwiw, Graupner Radios are made by JR, and I've always wondered why JR/HZ did not bother with bringing some in). PLEASE keep in mind that US users are much more tech savvy that JR/HZ would like to think (okay, at least think of the next gen. of flyers) - we don't need dumbed-down radios, and we equally enjoy tinkering with radios as much as flying (okay, at least for me anyways).

Oh, and before I forget ... *if* the 9X does come out before my next TX upgrade cycle, I will most probably 'upgrade' my 8103 for it ...
Old 07-08-2004, 08:36 AM
dsnyder

Ok, let me put down the "rumors". The new 9 channel will have primarily improved heli and sailplane programming over the 9X. It has never been said that the programming of the acro was the reason for the development of the system, though there will be improvements made to the acro as well. The 8103 is not going to be discontinued at this time, and the release of the new 9 has nothing to do with it, it is a simple matter of the new 9 being in development. Also the 8103 is not going to be redesigned. Even if Futaba is coming with a 12 channel, it wouldn't change the release of our 9 channel. The MX-22 is not the same system as the 9X, it is in a similar case, but the programming is vastly different and closely resembles the MC-24 from my understanding. The 9X as it stands is not much of an improvement over the 8103, we felt it was better that the system have all the features we desired in a system of this level, rather than accept a lower system. The new 9 channel will be a very impressive system!

It is also true that we will not service or warranty the 9X. We can not legally work on them, they are not legal to use in the US per the FCC since they are not type certified, and as we didn't sell it, we can not warranty it. Warranty and service must be handled by the place of purchase.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:14 PM
raptor5900

i'll wait but because there are all these upgrades will the tx/rx price of $430 at cyberheli be higher in the US. If it isnt i will be first in line.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:56 PM
dsnyder

I don't have pricing information at this time for the new 9 channel system. Stay tuned!
Old 07-11-2004, 08:24 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

9X hum.....
Old 07-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Peter Khor

My bet is at least $50-$100 more than the FUT 9C, perhaps up to 1/2 the cost of the 10X ...
Old 07-12-2004, 01:46 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

O.K. Danny- an easy one- what will the basic servo/RX package be?

Thanks,
Old 07-13-2004, 08:55 AM
dsnyder

Actually the packages that will be available are still being worked out. Stay tuned!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:37 PM
mlancast

In response to the statement about not being able to repair units that are not made for the US. The FCC regulates the airwaves and the equipment that trasmits on these frequencys. Since the radio uses MODULES, you can repair the radio, but not the transmitter modules. That is why the radio uses modules. It can be sold in any country, and the JR only has to ship the module for the respective country. Look at the modules, they are the ones with the FCC ID on them NOT the radio.

So it still comes down to some agreement with JR, or HH is unwilling to repair (note I said repair NOT cover the warranty) any radio not bought in this country. Did anyone call JR?

Just curious. I still firmly believe it is either money or greed that the 9x is not here. But, since it is cpu controled, it could be that HH wants to make it do wonderful things. But at what cost to the 1083 or the 10x line. Why would someone drop $1200 dollars on a 10x when they can get a 9x that has the same features? Or for a few dollars more get a 9x over a 1083?

It still sounds fishy.

Mike

[sm=punching.gif]
Old 07-14-2004, 08:50 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

mlancast
i am with on this thinking heck its electronic fix the thing if it repairs HH....
Old 07-15-2004, 11:05 AM
dsnyder

That is incorrect, the transmitter must be type certified along with the module to be legal to use in the US. I've said all that I am going to on your other topics.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Peter Khor

ORIGINAL: dsnyder
That is incorrect, the transmitter must be type certified along with the module to be legal to use in the US.
Danny, any FCC info wrt to your above statement? Checking FCC's database of certification ONLY yields JR modules, whereas TX with integrated RF (Quattro, 421, 6102, etc) are listed on FCC lookup, iirc - NOT the 8103 or 10X.

In that case, I know of AMA and other sanctioned events (Top Gun, etc) in which OVERSEAS (EU, Asia, etc) participants bring their own TX, and use 72MHz FCC approved modules. In that case are they all illegal?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:41 PM
mlancast

Hey Peter. "I've said all that I am going to on your other topics. "

Sounds like you may have struck a bad cord here. Sounds like stonewalling to me. Maybe someone should call JR in Japan and see what the real story is. I cant speak japanese, but I'm sure someone does who could inquire.

Mike
Old 07-15-2004, 07:56 PM
HLANG

Hello Dany!
I live in Brazil and I love my JR equipment. For the last six years all my radios has been JR.
But for the last two years I have seen Graupner and Multiplex radios with software inovations several times ahead compared with Futaba and JR.
This is not the first time I am considering replace my JR rx to Royal EVO 12synt or MC24.
But I still believe in your words concerning the new US 9X!
I would like to suggest you and people from Horizon Hobby:
Instead of a new 9X system, why not a new and better 10X (maybe 10X Pro) radio with those features:
1. Secure digital (SD) or PCMCIA card slot inside 10X to add new features? Acro, Heli and Gliders? (remember Airtronics Stylus 8ch??)
2. A unique 10X Pro Radio with Heli, Acro and Gliders software? More memory to hold all programs like the 4Mb ROM from Graupner MC24?
3. digital trims in all axis with free mode select sticks?
4. more memory in ROM or maybe, capability to hold model setups in SD or memory stick or any other media cards?
5. flash ROM capability to sync and upgrade operating system with new patchs, like EVO 12?

We have at this century new computer memory modules, new different and powerfull media storages, so small to acomodate inside our transmitters,
why not use this technology inside JR rx
This would be the best JR Radio! 10X Pro!
Thanks.
Henrique Lang
Old 07-16-2004, 10:51 AM
dsnyder

Peter, I'm looking on that, but my browser isn't working very well on the FCC site at this time. I found a list of our certifications, but none of them stated what system they are for. I'm still looking, but the site keeps crashing on my browser. Regardless, it is illegal to operate grey market equipment and it is illegal for us to service them. Other FCC certified service centers such as Radio South have the same restrictions and they cannot work on 9X's legally either.

Mike, I made that statement because I have already answered the other questions in your earlier post, and that statement wasn't directed towards Peter's question since it came after. For the answers to your other questions in your earlier post, scroll up and read my earlier posts in this thread. You are being provided the "real story" here. You will know more later when the system is released. Understand that certain information must be kept confidential at this time for numerous reasons.

The system is being developed and will be available after development, production, and shipping is complete. We're working hard on the 9 channel system to make it a very complete and capable system. The 9X simply didn't meet our expectations for a system of this level, and this is THE reason they are not available in the US. The new 9 channel system will be well worth the wait!!!!

Henrique, the new 9 channel system falls into a different category of systems than the 10X. Certainly down the road there will be a new pro-class system developed, but not at this time. I'll pass along your suggestions however for future consideration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.