Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Problem with 347

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 03:07 AM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with 347

Hello Danny at JR

Last year my 347 started loosing its memory. I had a local battery shop here change the lithium and lo and behold, it continued to loose its memory, specifically if it spent too much time on the charger (like 2 days), first time I'd turn it on it would give a memory error and require reprogramming. Now it won't turn on at all. The batteries are good (they cycle at 660 mah), and if the transmitter is turned on while charging the charge light will go off, so its not a problem with the switch.

I know I need to send it in for servicing/repair. I was wondering if there was a Canadian repair depot or do I have to send it to Horizon? Its expensive sending via courier to the US and the last time I sent something to Horizon the Canadian government charged me duty on the declared value of the item.

Thanks and keep making a great product!

Kelvin Martel
Old 07-16-2002, 12:19 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with 347

Having on the charger should not have anything to do with losing memory. It sounds like it should be sent in. We are the only JR service center for North America. I do not know of any other service centers in Canada, but if you can find one, that would lower your shipping expense. But for factory service centers, we are it.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:10 PM
Craigk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Service

You can try Hobby Hobby in Streetsville - look in MAAC mag for their advert. I sent my 622 to them after cooking the computer - fast turn around and reasonable, for non-warranty work.

I also sent the radio to Horizon from here for warranty work and they were excellent as well - but I used a US return address.
CK