Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 652 Dead...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 11:03 AM
rdemy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 652 Dead...

Hello,

After programming some changes into my 652 I went to charge it up for some afternoon flying.

When I plugged the charger jack in It did go in with a little more resistence than usual, but I did not force it, it just did not slide in smooth. I think it started out at a bit of an angle.

Anyway the charger light would not come on. I then checked the battery through the jack and it showed 0 volts, never saw that before. I checked the battery directly and it was fine 9.9 volts.

I understand it may be a blown fuse. Where and can I just remove it and replace it as any other fuse?

One question - my crystal has two globs of glus above and below. If I take the back off I think I have to cut off the globs of glue. No problem there?

Lastly the 652 is only 10 months old, hardly used, but I cannot find the receipt, if I need to send the radio in for repair what can I do?

RD :-)

PS - I did not do any reverse polarity stuff, It was a JR charger into the JR radio.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:36 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 652 Dead...

You will want to check the black insulator ring on the charge jack on the charger to see if it is wore or damaged. This is likely the source of the problem. There is a 3 amp, 250 volt, fast acting fuse located between the battery and the crystal inside the TX. These are normally available at Radio Shacks. If you can't find the receipt, put down in a letter what happened, when you got it, and where you got it.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:18 PM
rdemy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 652 Dead...

Thank you.

I opened the transmitter. Found the fuse and replaced it. 5 minute job.

It is working fine.

I do not think the insulator is worn down, that I can see. I will keep a close eye on the future to see.

Regards,

RD :-)
Old 07-16-2002, 01:23 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 652 Dead...

Good to hear. I hope you don't have any more problems!!