Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Thank Danny

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Oldie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank Danny

On the upside I want to take this opportunity to thank Danny and JR for quickly supplying a copy of the manual for my XP 783 TX per my request. One could not ask for better service. It was shipped quickly and at no charge.

On the downside I recently hammered my Aggressor after an inverted pass. While climbing out, and after snapping to normal attitude from inverted, all radio function ceased. Nothing. No radio. I attribute the cause to the long battery lead to the tail getting caught in a servo and separating from the lead. Admittedly, this was a high G manuver. Tx and Rx batteries good. Flew two other planes after the crash with the Tx.

This was the first flight of a new slim S-PCM seven channel receiver.

Two questions: 1) Is there a recommended way to secure leads to servos etc. 2). While this was a high speed crash into hard dirt, the receiver received no external damage, but does not work. Should I throw it away or can a crashed receiver be brought back to reliable performance expectations? I have always feared a small crack some where. Certainly the crystal would have to be replaced.

I am addicted to JR radios. First plane I have lost without an engine failure in years. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:42 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thank Danny

I'm sorry to hear about your Aggressor!

1) I assume you mean to secure an extension connector to the servo connector? If so, there are various methods for this. The best methods I have seen include using shrink tubing over the connector and shrunk tight, a small nylon zip tie around the connector, or tying the extension in a knot at the connector and putting some tape around it. As for a commercial product for this, the best connector clips I have seen are a yellow plastic piece from Parsons products and I believe that Great Planes distributes these. If you mean securing the extensions in the model to keep them from flopping around and getting where they don't belong, I generally use Clamp Locks from JTec (JTCCL1). Radio Shack I believe also has some wire clips that also work for this.

2) This depends on the extent of the damage, and without seeing the receiver it would be impossible to say. The most susceptible parts on the receiver to crash damage are the crystal or crystal filter. Many times they can be repaired at minimal cost, but sometimes the damage can be too great to be reliable again. I would recommend either sending it in and having it checked over to see if it is cost effective to repair, or purchase a new receiver.

Thanks for the kind words!