Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

New to twin engine setup on 8103, will this work ? 1 last question..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 10:10 PM
JAkridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to twin engine setup on 8103, will this work ? 1 last question..

Hello Danny,
I just got a new XP 8103 radio for a first time twin engine project. Is this wiring done correctly. For a twin engine plane with 2 throttle servos ??? What would be better ??

R-700 RX
Left Throttel to - Thro
Right Throttel to - Aux 2 / Spoil
Left Ailerone to -Aile
Right Ailerone to - Aux1
Elev. to - Elev.
Rudder to - Rudd
Front Steering Wheel - Y-Harnessed to Rud

Update 7-28-04
I used flaperon setup for Ailerones..all good there. My only problem now is the trim slaveing for the throttle. I cant seem to get both throttle servos to work with the throttle trim. I believe I saw the answer to this awhile back..... I'll go searching.

Thanks for any help in advance.....
Old 08-02-2004, 10:44 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to twin engine setup on 8103, will this work ?

Generally I would recommend the right aileron into channel 2 and the left into channel 6, but it can still work the way you describe. In order to get your throttle trim to affect both channels, use mix 5 or 6 for the program mix. These mixes are include mixes, so the trim will function on both channels.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:12 AM
JAkridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to twin engine setup on 8103, will this work ?

Thanks Danny,
I have to admit I did just what you explained. It is writein that way in the manual. The manual is some time's confuseing to read and understand.

If you pick this post up I have one last question....

On my throttles servo's to get the throws to sync and set for end to end points I only have about 1/2 movement in the radio stick.. Or to make it easyer to explain.. The throttle stick is at the bottom... I move it up to add power to both engines..and by half way the throttles are fully open. Is there a way to set the stick to be closed at the bottom then while advanceing it to the very top it max's the throttle's then ???
Again I'm pretty new to this so I'm sure there is a way.. Is it the expotential I need to play with ??

Thanks again for any help.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:08 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to twin engine setup on 8103, will this work ? 1 last question..

Check and see if you have any type of throttle to throttle mix, any positive values in a mix such as this will add throw to the throttle. From there, set the travel adjust to get the throw needed on each channel to set it so that full throttle happens at full stick. You can then alter the curve slightly by using a multi-point mix in mix 1 or 2. To do this, follow these instructions:

To do this, use mix 1 or 2, and set up a throttle to throttle mix. In order to not affect the travel adjustments etc, set points L and H at 0. Then use small percentages at points 1,2, and 3 to alter the response curve as needed. To speed the response or add more sensitivity use positive values, and to slow the response or decrease the sensitivity use negative values. You will only use small enough values to alter the response to your liking. Too large of values can cause odd movements if it overtakes the travel adjustment.