Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Linflas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 questions

Hi,

I am setting up an edge 60 size, this is my first plane of this type and need some help programming radio, and setting up receiver. I am new to programming my radio so simple instructions are always best. First question, my setup is as follows, two aieleron servos ds811, i would like to hook to receiver independently. Two ds811 on elevators also like to be able to hook to receiver independently. One 537 for throttle and one 537 for rudder. The receiver is the slimline 700. Radio is 8103. I need to know which slots to plug servos into on receiver. I would like to be able to program all the functionality I bought the radio for. Flaps, differential, etc... I found a setup for the 10x on horizons website. Would it be the same. Detailed help would be appreciated, and any other programming tips for this type of aerobatic model would be appreciated.

Thanks

James
Old 07-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Bill Mixon

Default RE: 8103 questions

The book tells how to do most of the flaperon setup and mixing. Right servo would go to AIL ch, and left to AUX1 ch. Make sure you select Flaperon wing type.
For the elevators.
Right servo to ELEV ch and left to AUX2 ch. Then slave the two channels by using prog mix 5 or 6 for the elevator as these two mixes has the offset IIRC. You want to mechanically try to get the servo arms so that they are as close to 90 degrees as possible and also matched up as close as possible.
Then as needed you can use the offset function to adjust the arms.
Once you have that done it's all down hill.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Linflas

How about programming snap rolls and other aerobatic features?

Thank you for the quick response

james
Old 07-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Bill Mixon

I don't use the snap roll switch as it's too easy to hit by mistake, so I can't remember how you set it up seems that you have one screen with RUD ELEV and AIL settings in snap roll. And you just run the #'s in which ever direction you like.

I do on some planes use the flaperons, and also have "reflex" setup on the landing position of the three position switch.
Most of that stuff is pretty simple once you get used to the radio, the dual elevators on the other hand can be a PITA sometimes.
If you search this forum for 8103 setup related terms you will probably have a full days reading to do, as it has been discussed quite a bit.

Bill
Old 08-02-2004, 11:19 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a programming guide that should help with some of your questions:

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/Prod...amming-air.pdf