Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 hi-low rates

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 09:07 PM
overshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 hi-low rates

Danny
I am flying a 3d airframe with every control surface on its own channel however I would like to couple all three rate switches onto one switch so when I want to switch to high rates I only have to trip one switch. is this possible and if so how would I accomplish it.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 09:01 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 hi-low rates

The only way to set this up would be to set up 2-3 mixes, assigned to the same switch, where you mix the channel to itself, and make the percentages a negative value to take away throw. It will have to be a different switch than the dual rate switches.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:57 AM
SuperCub Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Danny - Thanks for the reply. I'm trying out help out my buddy here - but it may be a case of "the halt leading the blind!" I'm a little more familiar with the 8103 than he, but could you go over this again, but a little slower? I presume this will also disable the normal dual rate switch operation - or could you have it both ways with the programmed switch off?
Old 08-23-2004, 10:49 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could use both ways if you desire. If you do this, and have both switches in the low rate position accidently, your throw may be extremely low. Though this could for instance be set such that you have 3 or even 4 different rates.

Basically you set up a program mix, where you mix say elevator to elevator, assign it to the switch of your choice, then set the rate as desired. Then repeat for the other channels using the same switch. If you are unfamiliar with setting up program mixes, I suggest checking the manual or programming guide for assistance with that.

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/shar...612-manual.pdf
http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/Prod...amming-air.pdf