Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flaps and Ailerons

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 12:12 PM
realwiz
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaps and Ailerons

Hello, I just purchased the JR 10x transmitter and am trying to configure it for use in my first Giant Scale warbird. The problem I have run into is that I don't know how to configure the flaps and the ailerons. I have two servos for the ailerons and a separate servo for the flaps. I plugged in the right aileron into the aileron port and the left aileron into AUX1. And set the wing type to flaperon. I got the ailerons to work correctly, but I don't know how to get the flaps to work. I think I could figure it out if it was a single servo for the ailerons but I don't want to have to use a Y-cable.

Please understand that if I am doing to entirely wrong it's because this is how I configured sport planes with the JR 8103.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Norm
Old 08-23-2004, 10:08 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flaps and Ailerons

How do you want the flaps set up, on a switch, on a slider? What other functions do you have, such as gear, etc? What receiver are you using? What channel do you have the flaps on now?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:08 PM
realwiz

I was reading the book and I like the idea of using a 3 position switch, one for takeoff, landing and flying. Is it possible to mix in elevator for the 3 positions indepentantly? Currently I don't have the flaps plugged into anything, because I wasn't sure. It's a fixed gear so no switch necessary for retracts. However I do need a switch for dive brakes, I could use the Gear switch for that. I'm using the reciever that came with the transmitter, I believe it's the 955. It's a 10channel PCM reciever. The model also has an onboard starter, so it will also need a channel.

Here is a list of what I have plugged in so far and where:

1. THRO -> Throttle
2. AILE -> Aileron Left
3. ELEV -> Elevator
4. RUDD -> Rudder
5. GEAR ->
6. AUX1 -> Aileron Right
7. AUX2 ->
8. AUX3 ->
9. AUX4 ->
10. AUX5 ->
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM
dsnyder

I would suggest using the quad flap function for this then, it would be about the easiest way to set it up. Using this, I would recommend using channel 2 for the right aileron, channel 5 for the left aileron, and the flap in channel 6. Channel 7 in quad flap set up is also a flap channel as well. For your dive brakes I would use channel 8, and for your starter use channel 9.

To set this up, go to code 22 and set the wing type to quad flap by pressing the SEL key. I also recommend going to code 17 and inhibiting the gear, flap, aux 2, 3, 4, and 5 functions. To set the flap switch, go to code 66. Here you can set the flap and elevator compensation in the mid and land switch positions.

To set the dive brakes on a switch, you can set up a program mix, mixing the channel to itself, enter an offset (you'll need to go back to code 17 and re-activate the channel if you have already deactivated it, enter the offset, then disable the channel in 17 again), assign the mix to the switch of your choice, and then flip the switch to the position you want the mix active, and enter the percentage desired. If you wanted this on the right slider, simply leave this channel active in code 17. If you want it on the left hand slider, set up a flap to channel 8 mix, press page twice, then press SEL under Master until it says ORIG, then press page back to the main mix screen and enter percentages as needed.

To set up the starter, set up a program mix, the channel to itself, enter an offset (you'll need to go back to code 17 and re-activate the channel if you have already deactivated it, enter the offset, then disable the channel in 17 again), assign the mix to the switch of your choice, and then flip the switch to the position you want the mix active, and enter the percentage desired.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:24 PM
realwiz

Thanks for the instructions, these setting worked great. I'm a little confused about the flap switch though. There are 3 positions, top middle and bottom. Is the top position supposed to be no flaps, middle takeoff, and bottom landing?
Old 08-30-2004, 09:21 AM
dsnyder

That is the normal configuration for the switch, yes.