Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Programming Quad Flap Ultra Stick with JR 10C-5SFR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 10:35 AM
wgregoryl
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Quad Flap Ultra Stick with JR 10C-5SFR?

Dear Danny,

I purchased this radio used thinking I now had achieved the ability to have one radio for all my models. Purchased an Ultra Stick .60 and started building. Model is done, radio is installed and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, can't seem to find a way around the Helicopter nature of the radio to program it for the Ultra Stick. I am thinking that I may need to find a Helicopter flyer that wants the radio and buy a different one. PLease tell me if there is a way to get this radio to program the quad flap and linked flap and aeleron functions?

I know all the new radios are going to the digital trims, and I know why, I just don't like the digital trims. I often can't hear the bleepin' beeps and find it frustrating while trying to trim out a model. So this seemed the perfect way for me to get a manual trimming radio that would handle the mixing needs of the ultra stick.

Lastly, the last update you gave us on the 9X was dated 8/6. Any update on availability? If I can't get this PCM10 Heli radio to do what I need it to do, looks like buying that transmitter would be the best way to go. IF it is available some time soon. I jut don't like the small screen on the 8103DT.

Thanks in advance for your time. My email address is [email protected] if you can send me instrucitons on how to program the radio for the Ultra Stick.

Frustrated in Houston, [:@]

Greg Lotz
Old 08-30-2004, 11:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Programming Quad Flap Ultra Stick with JR 10C-5SFR?

Just running through the number of mixes in my mind of what it would take, I don't believe that this would be possible. It would take 8 mixes or so just to set up the ailerons and flaps, then more mixes to couple the flaps and ailerons, and any of the other fucntions of the ultra stick. I do not believe that the PCM 10 heli system would work if you are wanting to use all the features of the ultra stick.

The 9303 will be coming late next month. More info will be available soon.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
wgregoryl
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you may hesitate answering this question, as you are not looking at the radio. But, I bought it thinking it would work. Any guesstimate, a price range would do, as to what this radio is worth with two modules and crystals? I am NEVER going to fly Helo's, but don't want to fight anyone over what it is or isn't worth. Just want to sell it for a decent price and move on to what I need.
Would seem like an excellent opportunity for someone wanting a really capable Helo radio.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Greg Lotz
Old 08-31-2004, 10:17 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I don't keep myself up to date on the market value of used equipment very well, any number that would come to mind may be off. I would suggest looking through the marketplace here on RCU and find out what others are selling similar systems for and base your selling price off of that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.