Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Old JR Radios

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 02:37 PM
dshepard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old JR Radios

Danny,

I am cleaning out my hangar and have two radios that I have questions on. I have an old AM transmitter and receiver. The transmitter is an NET-B124AM with a Gold sticker. The receiver for it is an NER-324 AM receiver with ABC&W System. The other is an old Century VII Heli radio I learned to fly with many, many years ago. The transmitter is an NET-127AH with an NET-J72M FM transmitter module. Neither of these have a Gold sticker. The receiver is an NER 327X FM receiver.

The question is, are these radios still legal to use today? I am not sure I really have any use for these as I have two 8103s and will be ordering a 9303 shortly, but I thought I would check anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Derek
Old 09-02-2004, 08:33 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Old JR Radios

It sounds like your AM system is legal to operate. The century 7 system could be, generally that module designation means that it is wide band and illegal, but in some cases that module can be narrow banded. If the 327 receiver has ABC&W on it, your system is likely narrow band. If the system has been in for service anytime in the last few years it likely is legal. If not, it likely is wide band and illegal. You can send this in for a check up to be certain.