Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Trim does not affect a slaved channel.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:46 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trim does not affect a slaved channel.

Trim does not affect a slaved channel.

On a 652 I have slaved
Throttle to 5
Throttle to 6.

The throttle trim lever affects channels 1 and 6 but not channel 5. How does one get the trim lever to trim all three channels?

As is it seems dangerous. Thanks.

Bill Stanley
Old 10-04-2004, 02:55 PM
dsnyder

Default RE: Trim does not affect a slaved channel.

I would not know how you got the throttle trim to work on channel 6. The 652 doesn't have trim include mixing, so this isn't possible.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:44 PM
BillS

I simply slaved channel 5 to channel 1 using mix A and switch E (left outboard engine). Then slaved channel 6 to channel 1 using mix B and switch A (right outboard engine). Then set the gear throw to zero in both directions and the flap throw to zero in both directions. Move the throttle to zero and the throttle trim to zero and set both mix offsets. Then I plugged #1 engine into channel 5 and #3 engine into channel 6.

The throttle trim lever will trim Channel 1 and 6 but not 5. Gear and flap switch are off and E and A switch are on.

By the way the mix-offset instructions are unclear. I have been able to set the offset before setting gear throw to zero/zero and before setting the mix amount and get very unexpected results. Once in the middle of the night and by mistake I set the offset and it effectively destroyed a setup that was working well. At next manual rewrite maybe some additional comments should be made.

Also mix C references switches not on the transmitter and fails to reference one switch that exists (the gear switch if memory serves correctly).

I promise that the 652 that I own will throttle trim channel 6 by moving the throttle trim lever. Please ask if more information is needed.

Thanks.

Bill Stanley
Old 10-05-2004, 04:43 AM
gbcross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought have you tried mixing ch 5 to 6 instead of 1 ?
I realize this would "string the mixes together but may be worth a try.
Jerry
Old 10-05-2004, 11:48 AM
dsnyder

I just tried the mixing you described and the trim doesn't work on any of the slaved channels. Again, the 652 does not have any trim include mixes (besides the built in mixes like flaperon) that allow this to work, this is not possible to set up. You need at least the 8103 or 9303 to set up the functions you are requesting. There will not be a manual re-write on the 652, it has been discontinued for a couple years or more. Once you have zeroed the travel, you will not be able to set the offset as there is no movement from center with the channels travel adjust at zero. The offset stores a position off of the 0 position in the mix to re-set the "mix center" of the master channel.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:22 PM
BillS

Danny,

I really thank you for your input. You are certainly very knowledgeable.

There is a reason for the inconsistency in our observations and if it can be determined I’ll touch back by private email.

Thanks again.

Bill Stanley