Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Help - Bad Tx Module?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 01:58 AM
anthonymio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Bad Tx Module?

Danny:

After 9 years of flying with a X-388, I just recently purchased an XP9303 (TX only w/ Ch. 29 module). Last night I entered the first program for the first of three airplanes into the 9303 and plugged the X-388 Ch. 25 (72.290 MHz) TX module (J72P) into the 9303 to verify the programming. After verifying proper control surface movement and direction with the 9303, I powered down the 9303 and transferred the module back to the X-388 to program the next airplane. Upon turning on the X-388 with the Ch. 25 module installed, I got no control response. Plugging the module back into the 9303, now also does not provide any control.

I will pick-up a Ch. 29 RX xtal to verify that the 9303 Ch. 29 module is working.

Is this indicative of a bad module, or a TX encoder problem? Both radio displays come on and operate normally with regard to displays and programming. Any advise?

Do you recommend sending the TX in for service or just the module?

Thanks
Old 10-19-2004, 10:21 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help - Bad Tx Module?

Have you verified that the TX is set to the correct modulation for the receiver being used? If it is set properly, and the crystal in the TX and RX match, I would say that the problem may be with the module, or the crystal either in the module or the RX. I would say if there is a problem, it is likely not in the TX.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:41 AM
anthonymio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help - Bad Tx Module?

Modulation is set correctly and the crystal channels match. I suspect the TX crystal is the culprit. I ordered a new Ch25 TX module and will swap things around to confirm.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards