Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR XP783 - Throttle Trim and Backup battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 04:05 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR XP783 - Throttle Trim and Backup battery

Danny,

I have two questions about my R/C system:

1. I have this XP783 set up in GLIDER mode, since it is now installed in a new Hangar 9 Ultra Stick Lite, with quad flaps.
To have the 'Crow' (or 'Butterfly') function it was necessary to use this mode.

I reversed the throttle servo, through the transmitter's 'reverse' function (SPOI channel), the throttle trim tab now works only with the throttle fully open and is dysfunctional with the throttle closed (to shut down the engine/adjust the idle speed).

I need the glider mode and this servo in reverse for this model. How do I bring the trim tab's effectiveness back to the 'closed throttle' position?

2. My system is nearing the age of five years, so the lithium backup battery is nearing the end of its life.

It is written in the manual that the backup battery is to maintain the program memory, should the main 8-cell pack fail; to enable this pack's replacement, without having to completely re-program the all the transmitter's functions (I have replaced the main battery, without losing the programming).

It is also written that if this backup battery fails, all the programming will be lost and will have to be re-programmed (after replacement) and it is irrespective if the main battery is up to power, it is not even mentioned.

Will I lose all my programming when the backup battery fails, or will it only happen should I disconnect the main battery too?
Old 10-29-2004, 04:38 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR XP783 - Throttle Trim and Backup battery

Have you turned down the travel adjust on the throttle channel? If so, it sounds like the travel adjust is too low, increase your travel adjust in the TX and adjust the throttle mechically as needed.

If the lithium memory battery dies, in a short period the programming will be lost regardless of the condition of the main TX battery. If the system is that age, it sounds like it will need to come in soon to have the lithium battery changed and the system checked over.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:18 AM
DarZeelon

Danny,

I have not turned down the T.Adj for the throttle channel.

I just checked the transmitter again.
This servo is not yet physically connected to the engine's throttle, so travel adjustment has not yet become necessary.

The T.Adj is set at +100% to -100%.

BUT!...Playing with the switches apparently did something...

Checking with the USL, the throttle trim is now working in the low, bottom throttle position...

It seems after the transmitter must be switched off and on again, for the throttle trim effect to move to the proper location, after changing the servo's direction.

This problem is solved!

When I started this thread, I had not yet tried to cycle the on-off switch.

I read in the past about an R/C system that needed an different, elaborate procedure to do this.

Thank you anyway, Danny.

I will go to the local service to replace the lithium backup battery very soon.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:41 AM
dsnyder

That is very bizzare, but glad you got it working. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:36 PM
DarZeelon

Thank you, Danny.

The three position switch, which activates the flaps (and Crow) in my USL ARF, physically broke at the lever.
The spring in the lever was visible.

The shop which sold me the R/C system replaced it with a similar switch from Futaba, since it was what they had.

It is functioning perfectly, but it is clearly and visibly not a JR switch... It is tightened to the panel with a simple nut (not the round JR nut) and it can turn sometimes.

If you can, as a service, forward such an OEM switch for me to replace, I would be obliged.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:22 PM
dsnyder

We actually don't sell those switches, they are a service only item, I would recommend having it changed when the lithium battery is changed.