Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

mixing switch JR 388

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 10:37 AM
ejbjh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixing switch JR 388

I have a Heli version of a 388 set up in glider mode with Dual flaps, crow & reflex etc. I would like to use the mixing switch on upper right of Trans.
to turn an electric motor on and off. Channel 1 is open but I can't seem to isolate the function of channel 1 from the throttle-spoiler stick. help me please
and thanks. ej.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:11 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mixing switch JR 388

You can either set the travel adjust to zero on that channel, or set up a program mix where you mix the channel to itself and set the rates to -100% (must match the travel adjust value) to eliminate the throttle stick function on that channel. If you have program mixes using the throttle channel, you may need to register an offset in them to make them continue to function after the throttle is inhibited.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:04 PM
ejbjh

Thanks Danny, it's a real treat to have someone respond so promptly. Right now I have everything working as I want it to with one exception. If I have flaps down, they retract when I turn the motor on.(channel 1 with the mixing switch). That might not be a bad feature, but I would like to eliminate that if possible. any ideas ? thanks again. ej
Old 11-04-2004, 09:23 AM
dsnyder

I'm not able to duplicate that, but without your exact set up I may not be able to. Do you have any other channels open? It may be best to switch the throttle to another channel and set it up there if possible. If not, can you let me know how you have your flaps, etc set up so that I can try to duplicate what you are seeing?
Old 11-05-2004, 10:30 AM
ejbjh

I have as follows; Receiver
1 Batt. ( I switched this from channel 8 in an attempt to isolate the motor switching from the flaps )
2 L. Ail
3 Elev.
4 Rudd
5 R. Ail
6 L. Flap
7 R. Flap
8 E. Motor - operated by mixing switch
Dual Flaps -Act Flaps to SW+T all Pots Inh. To my knowledge there are no mixes to 6 or 7. ej.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:41 PM
dsnyder

To activate aux 3 off of the mix switch you would need to set up an aux 3 to aux 3 mix, register an offset in the mix, assign the mix to the mix switch, and set the rate as needed. You may also need to set up another aux 3 to aux 3 mix with rates set to -100% in both switch positions to inhibit the aux 3/gear switch. In order for your mix switch to affect the flaps, you would have to have a program mix or a built in mix set to the mix switch that is affecting flap positions. Go through your program mixes and verify that none of them are the culprit, as well as the built in mixes. Any one of them could be causing the movement you are seeing.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:12 PM
ejbjh

I got it !!! I hope JR is paying you well. Your support reinforces my appreciation for JR radios. Cheers ej.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:18 PM
dsnyder

That is great to hear! Thank you for your kind words. Please let us know if you have any further questions.