Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9X support

Old 11-12-2004, 12:06 PM
VinceL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9X support

Danny,

I'm considering purchasing a 9X. I am leaning that way over the 9303 due to its ability to handle Z PCM. I realize that Horizon owes no warranty support to the 9X but was wondering about non warranty issues such as repairs or backup battery replacements. I was also wondering if you could summerize the differences between the heli and fixed wing versions of the 9303. Sure wish the 9303 did Z PCM, then my next radio would be a no brainer.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9X support

Any service or warranty work would have to be handled by the place of purchase. Our service department can not service or support the 9X system.

The only difference between the heli and air 9303 systems is switch placement and their corresponding labels. One of the 3 position switches is moved from the left front on the air to the top left on the heli which is the FM switch for the heli. The gear switch on the air is on the top left back position on the air, but moves to the front left position on the heli where the 3 position switch is on the air. The air has a trainer/snap roll botton then on the top left side, which this changes to a long momentary switch that is moved to the top left back on the heli. Programming wise however, they are identical.