Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP 8103, G500T, 610 6Channel for Heli

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 05:33 PM
RCXPLANES
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP 8103, G500T, 610 6Channel for Heli

Hi Danny,
I have spent a bit of time looking for the exact answer but am not confident of the results.

I am setting up one of the new CP T-REX 450X helis with
JR 8103a in Heli mode
JR G500T Gyro
JR PR610UL 6Channel Rx heatshrink model.

I am having trouble as a newbe to helis and gyros setting this thing up properly. The instructions for both the 8103 and G500T are fine I am sure for those in the know but confuse me a bit. From what I can gather here in the forum this is what I understand. Let me know if I have it right.

With the G500T sens wire plugged into the gear channel, I can set the [TRVL ADJ.] page for GEAR to +75% in one position and -75% in the other position and this should select aprox 75% gain in HeadHold in the +75% position and 75% gain in Rate in the -75% position. is this correct?

What do I now do with the [GYRO SENS] page? The options are;
1. INH or OFF (so I don't think I use this).
2. RUDD D/R, with this on I can chose a %age between 0 and 100 in both the 0 and the 1 position for RUDD D/R switch. from what I understand a setting of 50% is no gyro, %ages above 50% are increasing rates of HeadHold Mode gain at 2 to 1 ie 75% = 50% HH gain. while %ages below 50% are increasing rates of Rate Mode gyro gain. ie 25% = 50% Rate Mode gain with 0% being 100% Rate Mode Gain.
3. Auto, With this on the same rate table as mentioned above shows with an additional set of 3 F.MODE options for NORM, STNT and HOLD which can be set to 0 or 1. I assume 0=off and 1=on. Is this correct and what do these do if set at 0 or 1?

One question I have is this. If the GEAR switch TRVL ADJ. does what I think it does with the G500T wire plugged in there, What effect then does the GYRO SENS page have on the set up. ie, If I have the GEAR switch in the -75% position for 75% Rate mode gyro gain, what happens if the RUDD D/R values are set to 75% and the F.MODE selections are all set at 1 and I use either NORM or STNT F.MODE switch position. Is the G500T opperating in HH or Rate mode based on the above? In otherword, which takes precedence the GEAR switch or the RUDD D/R switch or the F.MODE switch and when?

Maybe I just have it all wrong. Could you please give us newbes a more comprehensive explianation of these useful and powerful settings that don't really seem to have a very good explaination in the distributed documentation for us. Don't get me wrong, the documentation details very well how to get to them and change them, just not exactly what they do or how they interact with each other.

Thanks a bunch,
Old 11-22-2004, 10:00 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XP 8103, G500T, 610 6Channel for Heli

That is correct on the gain for heading hold and rate mode when using travel adjust to set gain.

In this case, you will leave the gyro sens function inhibited. The gyro sens function uses channel 7 for the gain adjustment, and you only have a 6 channel receiver. You have the information correct for using the gyro sens function however for gain setting for future reference for other models. When setting the 0 and 1, you can press select to get over to the F.Mode selection, and select if you want NORM to be 0 or 1, of STNT to be 0 or 1. With the gyro sens function set to auto, this puts the gyro gain on the flight mode switch.

The gyro sens will have no effect on your gyro plugged into the gear channel as the gyro sens function operates channel 7.

I hope I answered your questions. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:46 PM
RCXPLANES

Danny,
Thanks for your info.
There is one other thing that is not well covered in the documentation for the G500T for me.

I understand the travel adjust pot and the servo reverse switch but what is the servo hi-low switch for and when should you use it in which position?

Thanks,
Old 11-22-2004, 03:00 PM
dsnyder

That is the frame rate switch. The high frame rate position is to be used only for digital or super servos. For non-digital or non-super servos use only the low frame rate position.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
RCXPLANES

Thanks Danny
Old 11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
dsnyder

No problem! Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:26 AM
karl58

Danny,

I have a JR 8103 and JR G500T, on an ELITE 3DPRO with a Polk's Hobby Seeker 6 receiver. This is very confusing for a beginner - the instructions for the gyro make no mention whatsoever for how to setup for Tail Lock, or Heading Hold.

I spoke to someone at Horizon, you weren't available, and believe I have been able to learn the Tail Lock would be the Gear Switch (not the landing gear itself) in the up position, and Heading Hold would be the Gear Switch in the down position??? If I set the Travel Adjust to +70 that would give me a 40% Heading Hold with the Gear Switch (not the landing gear itself) in the up position, and -30 would give me a 40% 'rate' in Tail Lock with the Gear Switch (not the landing gear itself) in the down position?

Is this correct?

This Hobby isn't all that difficult, I have never flown any heli or RC in my life, and just completed the assembly and setup of my 3DPRO, took it to an experienced heli flyer and he flew it beautiful and never flew a 3DPRO or used a JR radio before. I hovered the 3DPRO solo on my first attempt and did not crash it.

The 'difficult' part of this hobby, is getting the correct information!

Thank you,

Old 06-21-2005, 09:16 AM
dsnyder

If you are using the gear channel and using travel adjust to set the gain, +70% would be 70% tail lock gain, -70% would be 70% rate mode. 0% would be gyro off. +100% would be full tail lock, -100% would be full rate mode.