Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

High rate - low rate servo movement ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Lancair-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High rate - low rate servo movement ?

Hi Danny,
Im setting my first model using digital servos, DS8231's, R900 SPCM Rx and have an X378 for Tx. My question is, when I flick between high and low rates on the aileron channel, the aileron servos, DS8231's, actually buzz and move a tiny tiny bit. Ive never experienced this before. Is it normal or what is going on ? The movement isnt enough that it would cause major problems but they do move, just a hairs width.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:01 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: High rate - low rate servo movement ?

Do they move and return to the original position, or do they move and assume a new center position? If they return to the original position, likely you are seeing small movement as the system resets to the new rate. If they assume a new center position, the transmitter may require re-calibration for centering, etc. In either case, this will be exagerated by large differences in dual rates or expo as the curve changes dramatically.