Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

33% set up

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 03:38 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33% set up

Danny - I have a 10X and plane to use 1 channel for throttle, 1 channel with matchbox for 2 ganged rudder servos, 2 channels mixed for elevators and then possibly 4 channels mixed for the 4 aileron servos. One time I spoke to a guy at Horizon tech service and he didn't like the idea of mixing 4 channels to operate the ailerons. I didn't fully undertand his reasoning and if I go the matchbox route I'll have to have 2 of them to avoid running 4 servos off one channel in the receiver (I don't want to power the matchbox separtely as this will leave just one battery for the other 5 servos). What do you think?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:19 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 33% set up

I personally like the idea of mixing the channels in the 10X in particular, as you can use mulit-point mixing to make the 2 servos on each aileron match throws throughout the entire range of motion rather than just at the center and end points. This requires more time in the setting up of the model, but I feel the reward for doing so is longer battery life per charge, and longer servo life expectancy. I use a current meter inline to measure the amp draw and minimize it as much as is possible. I use as much of the transmitters capabilities as possible. If you do the mixing, be sure to set the MASTER type in the mix to INCL and turn the TRIM on in the mix. I generally activate flaperon, then use 2 multi-point mixes to use channels 5 and 7 as the additional channels, and use 5 on one side, and 7 on the other.