Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DS 3301 Servo - Proper mounting.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:50 PM
P47 Jug - Al
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 3301 Servo - Proper mounting.

Hi,

I have never used the 3301 until now and am not sure how to mount between ribs such that the servo is horizontal. The rubber grommets / brass spacers were made for what I would call normal vertical mounting. And the grommets fit in the provided mount tabs for vertical mounting. However, when using the screw holes to take advantage of horizontal mounting, the included screws do not fit the holes let alone the grommets / spacers. Am I missing something here or when mounting horizontal, I supply my own screws and do not use the rubber grommets?

Thanks!

Sitney
Old 12-09-2004, 09:40 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DS 3301 Servo - Proper mounting.

The screws that came with it could be used, but you don't use the grommets. If you need vibration damping, you can install a O ring on both sides of the mounting tab. The intention of the horizontal mounting is for glider wings etc that do not experience vibration.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:03 AM
P47 Jug - Al
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DS 3301 Servo - Proper mounting.

Thanks for the feedback Danny. I was intending to use in a glow fuel airplane and the nice size of the 3301 seemed right. I believe I'll still use the 3301 but install as I would a "conventional servo", using the mounts that will accept the provided mounting hardware.

Thanks again!