Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR X-378 flaperons

Old 12-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Edmund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR X-378 flaperons

Danny
I am setting up my plane with flaperons, using 2 wing servos.

I have followed the instructions you have listed in your answers to other enquirers, and everything has worked out fine except for one problem. When I zero the upward travel adjust on channel 6 as you recommend, this works great on the channel 6 servo, ie that flaperon will not move above the neutral position when the flap switch is moved upwards. However, the channel 2 flaperon DOES move above the neutral position in response to upward movement of the flap switch. This could lead to a potentially dangerous situation if I retract the flaps in flight and inadvertently move the flap switch into the upward flaps area, resulting in one flap (channel 2) being up (above neutral), and the other flap (Channel 6) neutral.

Your instructions recommend mechanically adjusting the channel 6 servo to give the desired throw, then doing the same for the channel 2 servo, but I can't see how this would overcome the unwanted upward movement of the channel 2 flaperon above the neutral position.

I would appreciate your help in how to overcome this problem.

Many thanks

Ed
Old 12-20-2004, 11:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR X-378 flaperons

It sounds like many of the directions you are following are for other systems. With the 378, I recommend either inhibiting the flap lever in the LEVER function, or using a program mix to cancel the effect of the flap trim lever on the ailerons. There isn't a switch that is automatically going to work the ailerons as flaps, you would have to set that up through a built in mix or a program mix. What switch is moving the flaps and what mixes have you set up?
Old 12-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Edmund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny,

The switch I am using to move the flaperons as flaps is the Flap rocker switch (also referred to as Aux 1) which is associated with channel 6.

The only mix I am using is the built-in mix which automatically came into effect when I selected "Flaperon" in the "Wing Type Selection" in System Mode. (This mix presumably slaves channel 6 to channel 2 to achieve the Aileron function, and slaves Channel 2 to 6 to achieve the Flap function.)

The arrangement is actually working very well, with the Aileron Stick moving the Flaperons as Ailerons, and the Flap rocker switch moving the Flaperons as flaps. The only problem, as I said previously, is that I can't stop the channel 2 flaperon moving upwards above its neutral position when the Flap rocker switch is inadvertently operated upwards above neutral.

Danny, if what I'm asking is just impossible to achieve don't worry. I'll just be more careful and make sure I don't move the Flap rocker switch above the flaperon neutral position during flight.

Many Thanks

Ed
Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can inhibit the flap rocker completely by going to the LEVER function and pressing clear until it says OFF 0%. Or you can set up a program mix, flap to flap, and set the rate with the rocker moved up to -100% leaving the switch ON so no switch will affect the mix.