Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

What TX to buy?/ 3810 or 10X?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 08:54 AM
SmoothPass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What TX to buy?/ 3810 or 10X?

Hi all.

Just setting up a new comparfsuperextra. I would like to buy myself a new radio for this plane.

Can anyone please tell me,,? Does the 3810 radio transmit in just as good a way as the 10X?

I want to use the R1000 receiver, would the 3810 TX transmit to this receiver just the same as the 10X?
Reason I ask is that I notice some info about triple filtering on the 10x?Does that mean the 3810 being a lower line radio only has double filtering?

My main priority is safety.

Thanks for any help.

10X would be nice, but if I dont really need it then a 3810 or even a six channel would do me fine!. The only mix I might use is rudder to elevator for knife edge tracking.

Please help me decide.

Thankyou
Old 12-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Silent-AV8R

Default RE: What TX to buy?/ 3810 or 10X?

Why not consider the 9X. ???

But as to which "works" better, they both "transmit" equally well. The differences are in the features available, not in the quality of the tranmission.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:58 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

All the JR modules are the same so there is no difference in radio quality between any of the module radios...

Spend the money on the 10X you will be disappointed with anything less. If you are flying these big birds, the cost is not in the radio. You can buy the transmitter only with datasafe and case for about $600 if you really look around or ask.. Don't buy the full setup with the servos, etc.

I paid $560 for mine NIB delivered from a guy in Minnesota that sells tons of JR stuff on *BAY... (I bought a lot of stuff from him so he gave me a bit of a deal)
I'd send you to him, but he retired.

I have used many radios including a 9Z and 8103 - I have not ever come accross a finer radio that is more trouble free and user friendly than the 10X. It is worth every penny of its selling price.

DP
Old 12-28-2004, 09:03 PM
SmoothPass

Hello.

Thats what I needed to hear!, Thankyou.

Okay well I'll see how the finances go and with some luck will get the 10X

Best Regards
Smoothpass