Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 DSC question

Old 12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9303 DSC question

Hello Danny,
I just bought a new 9303 and had a question. I will probably be spending some time with the transmitter at home learning the programming routine. I've always extended the antenna a section or two while doing this on other radios. This is my first radio with DSC. If I'm reading the instructions correctly, it seems I can plug the DSC cord into the back of the receiver and disable the RF module. It also appears I don't have to the plug the other end of the cord into a plane unless I need to. Would plugging the DSC cord into the transmitter save some wear and tear on the RF module if I spend an hour or two with the transmitter powered up? Thanks for any reply.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:29 AM
dsnyder

Default RE: 9303 DSC question

Yes, either a DSC or a trainer cord would serve that purpose, or simply remove the module. This will also reduce the current drain on the battery to allow more programming time per charge.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:18 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: 9303 DSC question

Thanks much for the reply.