Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

5 cell battery pack

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 11:59 PM
TAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 cell battery pack

Danny,
I have an XP783 & 649 Rx using PCM in a heli.
I,m using a 5 cell pack 1100 ma. & a 5.1 volt Radio South regulator. I had to add the signal wire to the regulator so the DSC would work since the regulator is between the switch & the Rx. Everything worked fine for a while & then recently I got it out to fly & nothing worked. Servos would budge a little when turning on the switch, however the Tx would not operate it with RF or DSC. I finally removed the signal wire I had added to the regulator & everything worked fine. I tried the 5 cell pack without the regulator & nothing worked, I also tried this with several other spare JR receivers & they would not operate on 5 cells without the regulator. Drop to 4 cells or add the regulator & everything is fine. This really has me puzzled, especially when I read your replies saying JR equipment will operate fine on 5 cells. Please help, what am I missing????
Old 08-30-2002, 01:11 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

A good one, I used both 5 cells nicad and Duralites (original) with and without a regulator.....mostly without, and never had a problem I have multiple of the folliwing the 649, 910, 940, 950, 955, 600.

Daniel D.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:57 PM
TAS

Default 5 Cell Battery Pack

Daniel,
Thanks for the reply. What you describe is how I expected the radio to respond, however I was very surprised when it just seemed to lock up. I'm going to open up the canopy & do some more checking to confirm what I thought I saw. In the meantime maybe I can get a comment from Danny Snyder of JR.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:10 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should work fine with either set up you described. Not sure what the problem is, or what direction to steer you. Reading the first part of your message made me wonder if the modulation had been changed in the TX making it not work with the RX, but if it works with a 4 cell pack with no other changes this shouldn't be the case. You may want to call in and speak with one of our techs at 877-504-0233 and see if we can help narrow it down.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:16 PM
TAS

Default 5 Cell Battery Pack

Danny,
Thanks for the reply, I will call JR service.