Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Help Danny..... Any thoughts ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 12:50 AM
polarisRCU
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Danny..... Any thoughts ???

I posted the exact same question in the Batteries forum, so please accept my apologies for using additional space....... However, I need to know if I have a problem or not...
See Old Posted Message

I have a JR XR-631 which comes with 600mAH NiCD batteries. I have in the past few months, been throughly successful in charging it with my SuperTurbo using 1.2A rate (Cx2). Once a month, I would also cycle it at a .5A rate. I assure you, I have been THRILLED with my charger !

Today, I went to charge my batteries per the usual, and the charger barked that there was no battery. After checking all of the connections, I tried to turn on the transmitter only to find that it was totally dead!! Curious, I popped it open and found a blown 3A fuse. Fine. I replaced it with a new 3A fuse from Radio Shack, and back to charging.....

However, I went through another fuse on my second charge attempt. After replacing that fuse, I decided to drop the charge rate to .7A and it charged nicely (*slower, but nicely*)

What would cause this ? Do I have a problem with my TX ?

Yes, I am going through the regular charge plug, not removing the batteries to charge them. I don't know how I would find that sort of battery connector to plug directly to them. The charger is still working wonderfully with my other batteries, including my 1250 mAH gell-cell for my starter !!
Old 09-03-2002, 05:45 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Danny..... Any thoughts ???

Sometimes higher charge rates can make the fuse go out without explanation, but I can't see where it would be a problem with the amperage you are using. You may want to check the charge plug from the charger and make sure that the plastic ring is not wore and allowing the pin to touch the outside of the plug. Also be sure that the pin is not bent or contacting the outside of the charge jack in the transmitter. I hope this helps!