Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

New 8103-What am I not doing right?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 11:50 AM
jetjockyf18
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 8103-What am I not doing right?

Just purchased a new 8103 and have already fully charged both batteries. In setting up my plane, I wanted to check servo travel. I plugged battery into rx, turned tx on and nothing moves when sticks move. Is something locked through program?

Can't seem to find anything in manual and have cycled through tx programming.
I know it has to be something simple, but I can't seem to see the forest for the trees! Can anyone help.

Thanks,
Dave in NC
Old 09-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Scotty740

I assume you have checked that the TX and RX are on the same frequency.

Is the receiver PCM or PPM? Did you check in the transmitter that the modulation is set to match? It's been a while since I've owned an 8103 but I believe you get to that setting by holding down both of the left buttons when you turn the TX on. It tells in the instructions.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:01 PM
jetjockyf18
My Feedback: (23)

Have both a 549X (came with radio) and a R600 receiver which I bought with airpack. Both (FM) along with Tx are on ch 23 and the tx is set to PPM.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 09-03-2002, 12:38 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than making sure the modulation is set the same, which it sounds like you have, make sure that the crystal in the module and the crystal in the receiver are a match. The crystal in the TX should be in a black case, and the crystal in the receivers you have mentioned are in a gray case. Aside from this it is difficult to narrow the problem down. I would suggest calling one of our techs at 877-504-0233.