Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Programing

Old 01-19-2005, 09:03 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Programing

Danny: I have a JR X347 on PCM . I had the system in a Midwest Giles 202. It had split elevators and split ailerons. This was done with Y harness. I got one flight...but it did not act right. At home I noticed one side of elevator would not go up and down with the other! That went away then I was about ready to fly it....then the ailerons did the same thing. (with engine not running) I spent a lot of time checking this & that. Loose connections and everything else I could think of to no avail. Is there a way of programing this radio so I do not use any Y harnes at all by pluging into a exta channel? I would also like to use a standard FM receiver. What can you tell me? Thanks Capt,n
Old 01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Programing

You can activate flaperons to set up dual ailerons (inhibit the flap pot so that it doesn't affect your ailerons) but there is no way to set up dual elevators through programming and make the elevator trim function on both channels. For the elevators you will either need to stick with a Y harness (sounds like you might need to try a new/different Y harness) or a matchbox.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:11 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could I just trim the elevator..split with the mechanical options? Or would the throw be way off on one compared to the other side? Or join the elevators and use ONE big 1/4 scale servo. I do not like the long leads going back to tail anyway? Thanks Capt,n
Old 01-20-2005, 10:30 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It can be done, to mechanically or electronically trim the aux channel on the elevator, but you won't have control of this in the air, so it is not the ideal set up. As long as your leads are excessively long (many feet) they will not really affect anything. If you have extensions longer than 36", it is best to add a filter on to the extension, but most of the time is not necessary.