Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

dual servos for elevator with different max deflection

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:45 AM
onthefly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual servos for elevator with different max deflection

I have 811's on each elev. half with proper setup as far as distance, center, and throw. However, they do not travel up the same amount. The only thing I've been able to do is decrease ELE in trav adj to 84%, L ELE (in aux3) remains at 100%. There is a small amount of difference when going to full up deflection now but not much. I guess that the trav adj also decreased my servo speed. My problem is now I'm only at 84% of full deflection in Flight Mode 1. Again, mechanical setup is right on. Any idea how to fix this?
Jeanne
Old 01-24-2005, 10:46 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dual servos for elevator with different max deflection

Which transmitter do you have? Are you using any sub trim or any other function that is affecting the trim or travel adjust (program mixing, etc)? Do you have any mechanical difference in servo arm length, or control horn length, or any other geometry issues that is causing the difference in movement? There can be variations in servo centering and end points, and to get the servos speed matched, the travel adjust and sub trim values must be very close to each other.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:45 PM
onthefly

Danny,
I have the 9303 (love it btw) and am using no sub trim or mixing involving elevator at the moment. I have only decreased my travel on ele to 84%(R elev half). Again, no mechanical differences at all- everything is equal/symmetric. Will I just have to live with decrease deflection because I have to dial down trav on elev?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:38 AM
dsnyder

You can either electronically set them up as good as you can get, or try a different servo for one of the two and see if you can get 2 servos that closely match each other for centering and end points.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:01 AM
AlW
My Feedback: (17)

Danny,
If you were to use a Y harness out of the elevator channel with a Match Box would this not solve the problem ?
Al Watson
Old 01-26-2005, 10:54 AM
dsnyder

The matchbox would serve the same purpose as travel adjust and sub trim in the radio system, so it won't make up for the difference in speed of the servos with the large variance in travel between the 2 servos. The only other possiblity is to try a different servo arm, sometimes different arms can center differently and make 2 servos match up better.