Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Help with JR Radio Designations

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:27 PM
dk823
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with JR Radio Designations

I was out of the hobby for about 7 years, but got back into it last year. Can you help me with the current JR radio designations? I can figure most of it out, such as XP622 is 6 channels, programmable, 2 model memory, etc.

XP622
XP652
XP662
XF631
X347

I know the X347 is older, for I remember it from when I was flying years ago. If I was to buy an older X347, Max4, or Max6, would I have any problems? Have there been any significant law changes since I last flew? So, if you could explain the different desigation out there, I'd appreciate that. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Help with JR Radio Designations

Take a look at www.horizonhobby.com
You can browse the JR site and see everything that is current, today.

The most used (at least on the fields I fly) are the 8103 (eight channels, 10 planes memory, 3 type - air, heli, glide), the new 9303 (nine channels, 30 planes memory, air-heli-glide) and the top of the line PCM 10x.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:17 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Help with JR Radio Designations

The laws with respect to radio equipment have not changed in the 7 years since you went inactive. There are many radios now that have a ton of features for under $150. JR is still very popular. The previous post mentions some of the higher end JR transmitters. The "old" days of using small dip switches to change settings on the transmitter are gone. Most radios now have some way to reverse servo direction via some "programming" on the transmitter. Some servos are now called "digital", but the old servos still work fine. Geneally you can mix and match equipment easier than ever. Anybody's servos will work with anybody's receiver. All of the connectors are pretty standard. There are two standards in encoding the pulses between the transmitter and receiver. So you cannot use a Futaba receiver with a JR transmitter. But there are several manufacturers of receivers that are available. For low-cost airplanes (e.g. indoor or park flyers) you can buy a receiver for $25. Welcome back