Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8611 Gear Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8611 Gear Problem?

I have 12 8611 servos. One brand new one (never flown) makes a faint clicking sound at regular intervals through its motion, as if one of the counter gears is catching on something every revolution. I can't feel anything catching. A second servo, with about 20 easy flights on it (no crashes), has the same clicking sound, but only once through its entire range of motion, in the same place every time. The rest are smooth, with varying levels if tightness.

Should I send these in or it the clicking normal in some servos.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:14 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8611 Gear Problem?

Do they make this sound while in operation, or when turning the servo by hand? If they make this sound in operation, it may be best to send them in for a check up to ensure there is nothing wrong. If they don't make this sound in operation, just while turning the servo by hand, it may not be a problem, but you can send them in for a check up to be certain they are working properly.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:53 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When turning by hand. I can't hear it when operating.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:02 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is no odd behavior in operation, such as a grinding sound, or any sticky spots in its movement, there is likely nothing wrong. Servos are not really meant to be turned by hand. Feel free to return them for evaluation if you wish to be certain that nothing is wrong with them.