Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

X-Models Whisper Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 02:15 AM
bloogyct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Models Whisper Setup

I am considering purchasing an X-Models Whisper. I have a JR X2610 TX and a JR R610M RX right now. I would like to setup the Flaps on this plane to give me the most freedom. I would like to have Crow Braking on a Switch, Normal Flaps down, Flaps work with Ailerons to give greater roll rate. Now I have tried to set up something similar on a Friends plane, and hit a wall. He has the Same TX as me, but a R700 RX, which has an Aux2 port, now as far as I could tell the 2610 does not drive this port at all - so it is not useable!??? How would it be best to set this up?? I had to do the following on my friends setup. Aileron servos plug into Ail, and Aux1 - flaperon ON. Flaps use a Reversing Y Lead, plug into Gear channel. Setup mixes to do what you need - the only thing missing out of this, is that you obviously cannot mix the flaps to ailerons to get greater roll rate, as they are plugged into the same port - i.e. both Flap servos are driven my ONE port!!! Before we decided on the Reversing Y lead, I tried to get the Aux2 to work - no joy, then we investigated using the throttle channel - this might have worked except you cannot turn off the throttle, and use a mix into that channel to drive it - so the throttle stick is always active - you have to fly with the stick forward always - he was uncomfortable with this!!! And it only gives you one way flaps - either up or down, unless you try and hold your throttle stick in the middle always - not really what we want!!!?? Any Ideas????? I would love to be able to use the throttle channel, and have the stick switched off, and use a mix rather into the throttle channel on the RX - is this possible and how??? Thanks a million. S.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: X-Models Whisper Setup

No, aux 2 is channel 7, and that system is a 6 channel system, so that channel will not be usable with that TX. Here is a guide that is written for the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick aircraft, which it sounds like your aircraft is similar in intent.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...rogramming.pdf

You could set up a throttle to throttle mix, with the rates set to -100% to cancel the throttle stick. Then of course you would have no throttle control, which may or may not be a factor, I'm not familiar with that aircraft. To set up what you are requesting, I would recommend a 7 channel or greater system.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:48 AM
bloogyct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X-Models Whisper Setup

Thanks Danny - I have seen that PDF - I will try messing around more with the throttle rates! The Whisper is a Glider, so does not need a throttle as such, but I want to use that channel to drive my flaps, without having the stick as it were - If I can mix in from either flaps or gear into the throttle port on the RX - WITHOUT the throttle stick affecting that port - this would be ideal!!????? I have set it up fine for all mixes except the being able to mix the ailerons into flaps - so that as you bank with ailerons, the flaps react as the ailerons - i.e. - right aileron goes down, left up - right flap goes down, left goes up - thereby converting the whole wings control surfaces into an aileron!!!