Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Matchbox mounting question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 05:45 PM
steve4
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matchbox mounting question

I am building the H9 33% edge and have a question about mounting the JR machboxes for my dual aileron setup. I plan on using 1 matchbox for each wing but was wondering if they could be mounted inside the wing panels instead of in the fuselage as I have seen others do. The reason I want to do this is so I only have to plug in one cable for each wing panel while assembling the airplane at the flying site. Can this be done or would this cause problems. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Matchbox mounting question

Yes, you can do that without any problems. You want to avoid having an excessively long lead between the receiver and matchbox, for instance mounting the matchbox in the tail of a giant scale aircraft with only 1 lead going to the receiver from the matchbox. To go from the receiver to a wing panel will work fine however. If it becomes necessary to mount the matchbox a very long distance from the receiver, the matchbox would need to be powered separately.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:45 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I used double-sided tape for mine. Dennis
Old 03-15-2005, 02:13 PM
steve4
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the info. I really do appreciate it. I am guessing I can have two long extensions from the matchbox back to the elevator servos as long as the matchbox is close to the receiver.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:57 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is correct, if you have a long run to make, to the tail for instance, just use extensions between the matchbox and servos and leave the matchbox close to the receiver.