Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Toasted XF631 worth repairing it?

Old 03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
lbermude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toasted XF631 worth repairing it?

Hello there!

I accidentally plugged the battery to my JR XF631 with reversed polarity and the radio started pouring smoke -- (the safety pin that prevents you to do that broke when I was replacing the battery so beware if you change the battery on your JR radio: Do not break the safety pin that holds the battery plug).

I connected again the battery (making sure it was right this time) and the radio can go on but the screen is a mess and the channels are all revesed with a lot of twiching.

I opened it and saw that one of those very small diodes in the IC board burned down . However, I dont know if more parts were damaged. I was thinking of replacing the diode but these modern surface mounted electronics are so small that it will be more like a surgery and the tip of my soldering gun is bigger than the diode itself loool.

Is it worth it to try to repair it or get service on it? or should I just trow it away? (I was new and I was just testing it hmrf...)

I am still kicking myself for that!!! go figure.

Anyway thanks for any info.

Leonardo
Old 03-25-2005, 10:08 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Toasted XF631 worth repairing it?

There is likely damage to the system that will require it to be sent in. I can't estimate the cost of the repair without seeing the system, but you can send the system in and request an estimate on the repair. Be sure to include your name, address, and a daytime contact number so they can advise you of your options.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toasted XF631 worth repairing it?

I notice that you are in Bosnia, who is your local dealer / distributor for that area ?

[8D]