Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP6102 terrible glitching and range issues.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 01:40 PM
yellertoof
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP6102 terrible glitching and range issues.

Danny,

I just got a chance to use my first 72mhz transmitter the XP6102, but rather than the nice upgrade I had expected by moving away from 27mhz equipment, it was in fact much worse. While doing a range test with the antenna collapsed using a +S gws receiver, I experienced horrible glitching from all servo's from 10 feet away! Even the esc will randomly throttle the motor on occasion before I arm it. Moving further away the problem gets worse until about 60 feet when it just stops picking up a signal altogether.

Unfortunately with the antenna fully extended the situation doesn't improve much. I have had several cut outs at less than 100 feet as well as the same glitching that occurs with the antenna collapsed. This is not just minor servo movement glitching, this if full servo throws in random directions at fast intervals. I have tested it with 3 receivers (JR and GWS brand) and 3 different esc's with the same results. To further rule out the rest of the equipment, I used my Dads XP6102 (which I talked him into getting for ease of programming) that is also on high band (ch 59 vs. my ch 47) with his receiver xtals in my equipment and it worked flawlessly.

I called Horizon today to go about getting it fixed and found that it would be $30 an hour to look at it because I don't have a receipt (I bought it here on the marketplace). This ignoring the big 3 YEAR WARRANTY sticker slapped on my box. Has the 6102 even been available for more than 3 years to be out of warranty? Ironically we purchased our 6102's over the 7cap because of the 3 year warranty.

Please tell me this is not a common occurence with JR radios and if there is any way I can fix this.
-Paul
Old 03-29-2005, 09:49 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XP6102 terrible glitching and range issues.

The warranty is non-transferable, meaning if you buy the system second hand the warranty is void. The warranty is only applicable if the system is purchased through Horizon or a Horizon dealer. I would recommend sending the system in for a check up.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:02 PM
MiGBane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yellertoof,

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM as you described, but get this, with an Airtronics transmitter! Two different planes/receiver/servo setups -- both exhibiting same symptoms when controlled with this Tx. I've tried different batteries, checking antenna and battery connections internally, etc. Here's the sad part, my radio is only a few months old. Here are some things that I suspect might have contributed to the problem.

1. Used Hanger9 Double Vision charger.
2. Used higher capacity NiMH battery in place of the stock NiCad.
3. Used my transmitter with the interface cables on the Interlink controller that comes with Great Planes RealFlight G3.
4. Probably operated my transmitter with the antenna colapsed too much during range tests, building/setup of new planes, cycling NiCad battery pack, using RealFlight G3, etc.

The problem seems to have become progressively worse over the past few weeks, but in that period, I've been trying not to partake in #3 and #4 anymore. As of today, I'm grounded.

Please email me if you have figured anything out and/or have anything in common with the list above.
Thanks,

MiGBane
Old 09-08-2006, 11:44 PM
sabre1205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here
My radio is only 4 months old and I get jitters when trying to setup a flaporon.
Tryed unplugging each servo but the problem remains on the AUX1 channel
And yes any help will help
Old 09-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yellertoof,

check your PM's I'm in Goodyear AZ just across town from you we can get you worked out. The 6102 is an excellent system and we can figure out what is going on with it. No problem.

Troy Newman
Team JR
Old 09-18-2006, 11:28 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yellertoof - have you tried YOUR crystals in your dad's system? Perhaps it's an off-frequency receiver crystal that you have, and not a problem with the 6102 at all..