Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 travel adj on Ailerons Question

Old 04-01-2005, 07:34 PM
fastplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 travel adj on Ailerons Question

Hi, I have a new 9303 w/ R649. This is my first computer radio so still trying to learn.
I have separate leads for ailerons. Left aileron to Aux1 channel & Right aileron to aileron channel. The wing type is set to Flaperon.
I decided to do this because could not adjust each aileron separately for travel adjustment when wing type is set to Normal and using a Y-type connector to the Aileron channel.
However, now the L aileron travel adjusts as expected. Cannot travel adjust the R aileron in any of the screens.
In the Device Sel screen all of the bottom is set to INH or OFF.
What am I missing? Thanks,
Old 04-04-2005, 01:22 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 travel adj on Ailerons Question

The right aileron will be the second option down on the left hand side of the screen on the travel adjust page. Each channel is renamed throughout the system to correspond to the intended channel it is to be used with.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:54 PM
fastplane

Danny, thanks for the reply.
I tried following the set up as shown on the JR web site for aerobatic set up by Baron Johnson. It also seems to match what the 9303 manual describes for flaperon setup.
I tried what you said and it still cannot move the right aileron for travel adjust.
The second line down has this info:

RAIL L 83% R 83% LAIL +100% -100%

When I highlight and select the L 83% I can cause the L aileron to adjust up and down. It has no effect on the R aileron.
I then move the stick to highlight R 83% , then select it. Changing the value does not cause any change in either aileron.
This is the same result I noticed my first attempt to do a travel adjustment.

I then scroll to LAIL +100% or -100%. When moving and changing either the +100% or -100% neither the left or right ailerons change any position. The programing still seems incorrect. I may still be missing something.
I have no dual rates, flight modes or any programing mixes.
Thanks,
Old 04-05-2005, 08:55 AM
dsnyder

Adjusting LAIL should have no affect on the right and vice versa. I'm not understanding, in one paragraph you state that adjusting LAIL is adjusting the left, then in another you say it has no affect. Adjusting the values immediately next to RAIL should adjust the right aileron which is plugged into channel 2 and adjusting the values immediately next to LAIL should adjust the left aileron. This should be visible on the servo monitor after you have made the adjustments.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:53 AM
fastplane

In the first paragraph I state that selecting and changing the L 83% changes ONLY the left aileron.
Then when selecting and changing the R 83% NEITHER of the ailerons are affected.

In the second paragraph I talk about the right side of line two. Which shows LAIL +100% - 100%.
When changing either of those two values on the RIGHT side of the screen neither of the ailerons move.
Do you have a 9303 that shows similar views on the second line of travel adjust screen when wing type is set to flaperon?
That is what is shown on my 9303. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
dsnyder

Yes, that is what they will all show when flaperon is active. You need to verify that you have the servos plugged into the correct channels, the right aileron should be plugged into channel 2 and the left in channel 6. You should see the affect of the travel adjust setting in the servo monitor. If the travel adjust changes the amount of movement in the servo monitor, then the problem is in your aircraft. The LAIL setting will ONLY affect the left aileron, and the RAIL setting will ONLY affect the right aileron.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:42 PM
fastplane

Thanks for the replay. I went and checked the plane. That was the problem.
My 'assistant' must have switched the R & L aileron leads to the opposite channels on the reciever.
So, they seem to work ok now. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:01 AM
dsnyder

Great to hear, glad you were able to locate the problem. Please let us know if you have any further questions.