Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Gear Channel Travel Adjust

Old 04-05-2005, 03:07 PM
djstar39
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear Channel Travel Adjust

Hi, you've probably covered this before but I did a search and couldn't find it.

I have an 8103 and I'm ordering a 9303 (I assume the answer is going to be the same for both). I'm setting up some Century Jet retracts and I'm using their 4 way valve and I need to know how (or if) I can change the travel adjust on the servo that's hooked up to the gear switch. I know that the gear channel is an off / on channel but I'm hoping I can use a mix to be able to limit the travel of the servo opening and closing the 4 way valve.

Would I use a different channel and mix the gear channel to it?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: Gear Channel Travel Adjust

On the 9XII ( spin off from the 9303 ), the Gear channel has Travel Adjust capabilities of ± 150%, also there is a servo speed facility where you can set independantly the speed at which the servo will move through 60 º ( ranges from 0.176 seconds to 15 seconds). Please note that if you are using a designated retract servo, then this speed facility and Travel Adjust are no longer aplicable.

The 9303 Aero manual describes Servo speed on page A33, Travel Adjust is on page A19.

[8D]
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
djstar39
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks Mac Man...

Not quite sure I understand the 9XII spinoff comment. I just ordered the 9303 today. Is there an upgraded model?

Also, I still need to know how to do it with the 8103.

Maybe I'm just having a slow day. Perhaps I should use both brain cells.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:52 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

The travel of the gear channel can be adjusted just like any other channel when using a standard servo. However, if you use a special retract servo it is only a two position full throw servo with a fixed speed. The 9XII the the European version of the 9303 or the 9303 is the US version of the 9XII
Old 04-19-2005, 08:11 AM
adriantan

I have recently purchased a PCM9XII and was wondering if the gear servo speed (delay) actually exist in HELI MODE. I could find the function under AERO MODE but it just does not appear under HELI MODE.

How can I set the delay for the servo gear if I wish to fly an airwolf with retracts for example? I would like to gear to move scale like rather than snap in snap out. Anyway this could be done using the programming in the TX ? (e.g accessing the function, using the AUX3 slider, etc) or would I need a "dedicated slow" micro servo for this task? Does such a servo (sub micro size) even exist?

Would appreciate it if anyone could assist or give some suggestions
Old 04-20-2005, 11:23 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The servo speed function is not available in heli mode in the US 9303, my guess is that the 9XII would not have this available in heli mode also.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:23 AM
adriantan

oh what a bummer....
Old 04-23-2005, 02:10 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

You can buy a plug in module that will slow the servo down. Check out hobby-lobby or helihobby. They carry similar products.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:57 PM
adriantan

Thanks Lrb75. Just checked it out at hobby-lobby. I knew they had it somewhere... just didn't know where. And besides.. it's such a pity the 9XII has it for HELI mode but not AERO mode. Shouldn't the functions be available for both modes instead of just 1? maybe they need to understand user requirements more. Of course perhaps that might also bump up the price further haha. So far.. I'm loving the radio.