Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Synthesized Module

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 10:12 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthesized Module

Danny,
I notice that Horizon Hobby is listing a synthesized module for JR transmitters (http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=JRPTXMS), but it is not yet available. When will these be available?

Nice seeing you again at Toledo, and thanks.

Jon Lowe
Old 04-08-2005, 08:55 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Synthesized Module

Nice to see you as well. The current ETA of the synthesized module is sometime in June, possibly late June.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:04 PM
coral023

Danny,

Will a new radio accompany this synthesized reciever? Since this is a wireless frequency change reciever how will one change the frequency on it?

Thanks,

Sean
Old 04-12-2005, 08:59 AM
dsnyder

There are no new radio systems at this time. The receiver uses a Scan Select program that you set the frequency of the receiver, after selected it retains that frequency until you set it again in Scan Select.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:22 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Re:The new TX module (NOT the RX)
Please clarify
Does this work with ANY JR module equipped TX.
Specifically, the old PCM 7 channels -9 channel sets from way back when .
I presume ppm/zpcm/spcm all supported using this module.
One more query.
Tx battery upgrades:
what is the highest ma batt I can cram into the 9303/6102/10x?
I see 1800 ma NIMH cells advertised -so why not build up one of those packs.
(I do not want Li Po-packs)
We have a lot of new electric model enthusiasts here, who fly for hours at a time (seriously) and the std Tx packs just drain too rapidly.
Abig pack and a recommended field charge setupfor the TX would be handy for many users
Old 04-18-2005, 09:38 AM
dsnyder

Yes, it will work with any JR modular based system. Yes, it will work with SPCM, ZPCM, and PPM modulations.

The largest mah transmitter pack we have is 1500, which is an expert pack, it is part number EXRB350, but to install in a 9303, 6102, and some other systems will require a connector change. The expert pack has a black connector, and newer JR systems use a newer style white connector. We don't have a larger pack available for the 10X.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:53 AM
tadawson

However, the 1500 (and larger) batteries will replace those inside the 10X battery case quite simply. Open it up, take out the old cells, take the shrinkwrap off the new pack, solder it in the same as the old cells, close it up, and tada! No more insanely small pack in your 10X! I have been running 1800's in mine for a year or so, snd it is great! Not even a remotely challengine task IF you know how to do small parts soldering and can figure out which end of a small phillips screwdriver you hold and which goes to the screw. If in doubt, best to not try it, or find a buddy with the skills. This is not much of a favor to ask - 5 minutes tops!

- Tim