Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flight Modes

Old 04-07-2005, 03:15 PM
dwaynenancy
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Modes

Danny, I'm attempting to set up Flight Modes. Some questions:

1. How do you turn Flight Modes "OFF", i.e., do not have any after you have activated the switch without have to go through "RESET"?

2. You are allowed 5 Flight Modes, 0-2 on a D/R switch and 3-4 on the MIX switch. If you have modes 3 and 4 how are they activated? From the instructions I cannot understand if you have the D/R switch and the MIX switch both active at the same time how to turn on either Mode 0,1,or 2 and have Mode 3 or 4 off.

3. How do you set up to have only ailerons (4 servos) and then have split ailerons and flaps (2 servos each) via a switch command?

Thanks, Dwayne
Old 04-08-2005, 08:56 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flight Modes

Are you asking about a 10X system?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
dwaynenancy
My Feedback: (62)

Yes, I have a 10X. Sorry about that. Dwayne
Old 04-11-2005, 08:48 AM
dsnyder

!. Flight modes are activated/inhibited in code 17.
2. If you have the extra flight modes activated to have 5 flight modes, FM's 0,1,2 are on the FM switch with the mix switch in one position, then with the mix switch in the other position, you have FM's 0,3,4 on the FM switch.
3. I'm not sure I'm following your question, but it sounds like you are maybe trying to set up a quad flap type set up, with 4 surfaces on the wings, 2 ailerons and 2 flaps? If so, you can activate quad flap in the wing type, and set up a aileron to aux 2 mix to set up the flaps to work as ailerons.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:26 PM
PlaneInsane
My Feedback: (5)

Darn Danny, why didn't the manual state that? The Quad flaps section makes no mention of mixing AIL>AUX2. This is exactly what I was looking for because now I don't need matchboxes on my ailerons AND the Differential program works on all 4 servos.

In fact, if you setup Quad Flaps like the manual says only channels 2 and 5 will work leaving you scratching your head why the other two don't work.

Is it mentioned in some other part of the manual about mixing 2>7?

Rich
Old 04-12-2005, 08:56 AM
dsnyder

That is a mix that is described in the Hangar 9 ultrastick manual. I personnally set up 4 aileorn servos through the mixing of the 10X, but I use multi-point mixes to set up 2 additional channels over the flaperon function so that I can match the servos travel with each other more accurately. In that case, the differential function will still only affect 2 of the 4 channels.